New features for 1.03.5 have been announced.

Been a long time user, finally a business who listens to its consumers and provides updates which will revolutionise this router more than it always is... it justs gets better and better, so i guess the question is when can i get this firmware drop :)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Netduma Staff

Been a long time user, finally a business who listens to its consumers and provides updates which will revolutionise this router more than it always is... it justs gets better and better, so i guess the question is when can i get this firmware drop :)

Yesterday on Twitter he said 2-3 weeks.

Excellent!! I was actually starting to shop around for a router that can compliment my R1 ( with throttling features). My R1 is expected to be delivered tomm, I can't wait. I tip my hat off to you guys at netduma, excellent work!!

Yesterday on Twitter he said 2-3 weeks.

I pictured Iain and Luke with labratory jackets on putting the duma through it's paces in their lab like mad scientists. :)

Can not wait to get my grubby little hands on this fw .

• Administrators

3Gbps you're kidding me? We will never be able to do 3Gbps as its 1000mbit switch ports :( Will have to bring out 10gbit R2 version next! 

3Gbps you're kidding me? We will never be able to do 3Gbps as its 1000mbit switch ports :( Will have to bring out 10gbit R2 version next! 

The advantages you get for beta testing your ISP's internet. ;) 

But yeah... I'll need the Mikrotik Cloud Core Router CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+PC powered by NetdumaOS 'R2 version' to get the desired results. Haha!

Talk about overkill.

• Administrators

That's pretty cool, what ISP lets you beta test thats pretty interesting. 

Thing is I assume no one is using even a percentage of that bandwidth 99% of the time. Someone really needs to invent something to use ALL that bandwidth! 

The 2Gbps plan was a new plan introduced here. And you know.. None of our current consumer router hardware can support speeds above 1Gbps due to the Gigabit ports except for the Mikrotik Cloud Core Router CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+PC that I mentioned.
Thus, it was a test to find other ways of maximizing the use of a 2Gbps plan and I think most customers including me will be running it with one router dedicated for household devices and the other meant for gaming like my Netduma R1 so as to avoid congestion problems. At least, that's what I choose to run it as.
And I am still left with one extra port from my old 1Gbps plan that is still working and is currently left unused.

Thus, the word, overkill. No one can ever utilise such speeds especially for a long period of time. I really do hope they come up with something that utilizes such speeds
Oh well.. At least it is cheap! Haha. At just S$89.95, I get 3Gbps with free upgrades to your internet even during your contract period so you'll be up to speed along with their new plans. Also, it comes with free VOIP residential line. It's quite a steal. I might say.

Archived