New features for 1.03.5 have been announced.

• Netduma Staff

EDIT 12/06/15 - Please don't make posts asking when it will be released. There is no set date. When it is ready a thread will be made about it.

If you've missed it on Twitter, the new features for the next upgrade, 1.03.5 have just been released.

Take a look at them here  :)

Whats on there at the moment is:

Finer traffic shaping & throttling
Anti-jitter through dampening
Increase throughput to gigabit ( ~ 900mbits )
Implement ping number pop out for streamers
Fixed LoL deep packet inspection
VPN syntax checking & fixing
Fixed connection flushing bugs

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping that somehow they snuck in being able to tell who the high ping players are.... that way it just takes a few secs just to block them and get back into the game 

it sucks spending half the match trying to locate who the abuser is and blocking him/her for good, This is the feature i'm dying for (literally) LOL

• Netduma Staff

Some of these are just assumptions and guesses based on whats on the ticket system. If they're incorrect then I'm sure Iain will correct them in the morning.

Finer traffic shaping & throttling

I think this will include being able to set max/min bandwidth for each device as actual numbers instead of just a percentage. I'm sure there is more to this one though :)

Reduce jitter by dampening it. I think a good comparison would be its like a shock absorber or suspension. As the jitter kicks in the suspension levels it out so it doesn't change the actual ping so it is steady.

Increase throughput to gigabit ( ~ 900mbits )

As it says - increases maximum speeds to 900Mbps.

Implement ping number pop out for streamers

Its just a button you press which has a pop out windows. On this pop out windows is the current ping to the host that is getting pinged on the GeoFilter and also on the window is the Netduma logo. Streamers could use a window capture on their streaming software to put this on their streams.

Fixed LoL deep packet inspection

Again, just assuming but I this fixes LoL so it works on the host analysis section.

VPN syntax checking & fixing

Checks the VPN config and fixes any errors that are in there. Maybe fixes not closing a bracket or forgetting to put tags around the certificate or something like that.

Fixed connection flushing bugs

No idea. Maybe linked to one of these bugs as they are high priority on the ticket system but not sure at all, just an assumption based on their priority. https://trac.devzing.com/netduma/Duma/ticket/32  https://trac.devzing.com/netduma/Duma/ticket/57

Thx buddy. Thats why i asked about anti j as we discussed it some time ago witch woes adding aditonal lats say 10 or 5 ms to your ping to keep it leved

7drHiqr.gif

tumblr_inline_mkja8mqkWl1ryv9ki.gif

frnXxyM.gif

aNeZ8Mw_460sa.gif

bkDLh.gif

9P4LnYY.gif

thanks Iain for not regarding that as cheating, this feature will make the R1 stand out even more than it already is!

best possible added feature i could think of right now!

I'll be interested to read Iain's thoughts behind the anti jitter when he has time to post. I also hope it is optional. 

With a good connection with low jitter I wouldnt want anything artificial influencing.

Archived