Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Device manager -> update bandwitdh -> auto

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Toni169

Toni169

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Local time: 11:26 PM
Hello everybody,
If i am writing my my download and upload on my bandwitdh (25mbit down / 5mbit up) then click on update bandwitdth then press on auto, comes a message task with WARNING. What does that mean? Or does it have to be changed in the settings something? Have seen with many videos which does not show up ...
Please help
Thank you in advance

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,574 posts

The warning message is a graphical issue caused when the bandwidth is entered under a certain amount - no need to worry your settings will have been changed to reflect your speeds

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

greyvador

greyvador

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Local time: 12:26 AM

I always enter  my download and upload on my bandwitdh but after, click on "No" 

What is the difference between auto and not auto ?

David

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,574 posts

I always enter  my download and upload on my bandwitdh but after, click on "No" 

What is the difference between auto and not auto ?

David

Auto - Changes settings so you'll get your speeds 

If you don't allow it then you'd have to change settings manually

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

greyvador

greyvador

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Auto - Changes settings so you'll get your speeds 

If you don't allow it then you'd have to change settings manually

I don't understand why we have to enter download and upload on my bandwitdh if the netduma can detect it ....

No matter about what I enter for download and upload if I click on auto ?

David

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,574 posts

I don't understand why we have to enter download and upload on my bandwitdh if the netduma can detect it ....

No matter about what I enter for download and upload if I click on auto ?

David

It can't detect what your speeds are that's why you tell it what they are. Based on the information you put in it will change settings automatically to ensure you get those speeds if you select auto. If you don't select auto and don't change settings manually you may not get your full speeds.

I would advise that you allow it to automatically set up for the speeds that you put in. 

Technical support:

greyvador

greyvador

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

It can't detect what your speeds are that's why you tell it what they are. Based on the information you put in it will change settings automatically to ensure you get those speeds if you select auto. If you don't select auto and don't change settings manually you may not get your full speeds.

I would advise that you allow it to automatically set up for the speeds that you put in. 

And if my connexion isn't stable  ?

Upload is sometimes 0.9mbps, sometimes 0.6, .... 

which is the value  I must put ?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,574 posts

I would put in what it is on average, maybe 0.75 

Technical support:

greyvador

greyvador

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

I would put in what it is on average, maybe 0.75 

How this values are used ?

To avoid "missing" bandwith and always be sure (with the congestion control cap) that the bandwith is stable ?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,574 posts

Yep!

Technical support:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users