Virgin media vs bt infinity

Lyncho84

Steer clear of Virgin, I'm back on it as i can't use bt, plusnet, but it's full of jitter ( Virgin) that said in my opinion doesn't seem to matter what provider you have, yes I'm definitely in agreement with above's comments, but Duma keeps my Virgin as stable as it can and I have ok games, it's the others you want to worry about, the ones your playing against.

I came to the general section just to ask this question.

I'm currently with Virgin media and i''m on the gamers bundle. 200 Down and 20 up Package and i have the anytime landline package as well and i pay 70 pound per month. At the moment i'm having major issues with virgin. I have had 2 engineer visits not turn up to my address, i have been told there is issues in the area and it will not be fixed until the 8th November and then i got told there was no issue in the area. I have another engineer visit booked in for today. if there do not resolve my issue today i will be leaving asap. 

Can anyone give me a review on there BT Services?

Currently i have 2 Servers,4 NAS Drives, PS4, XBOX one  also a gaming PC also 5 Wireless access points with around 15 Devices linked at one time. i also do alot of download and uploading.

Would BT handle all of this? also what are the following things like?

Speed?

Performance of there router?

Can there router be put into Modem Mode?

Customer Services?

Also what is BT TV like?

Sorry for the questions 

Until they sort out the superhub 3 (issues with firmware causing massive jitter and lag) then steer clear of virgin for gaming.

Also , as far I can see bt automatically prioritise gaming packets and don't cap upload on all packages.

But you have to specifically get gamer 200 to have the same on virgin.

But to get virgin gamer 200 (as a new virgin customer) you need to have the superhub 3. So.. ...

I came to the general section just to ask this question.

I'm currently with Virgin media and i''m on the gamers bundle. 200 Down and 20 up Package and i have the anytime landline package as well and i pay 70 pound per month. At the moment i'm having major issues with virgin. I have had 2 engineer visits not turn up to my address, i have been told there is issues in the area and it will not be fixed until the 8th November and then i got told there was no issue in the area. I have another engineer visit booked in for today. if there do not resolve my issue today i will be leaving asap.

Can anyone give me a review on there BT Services?

Currently i have 2 Servers,4 NAS Drives, PS4, XBOX one also a gaming PC also 5 Wireless access points with around 15 Devices linked at one time. i also do alot of download and uploading.

Would BT handle all of this? also what are the following things like?

Speed?

Performance of there router?

Can there router be put into Modem Mode?

Customer Services?

Also what is BT TV like?

Sorry for the questions

If it's speeds you are after you want the 80/20 package which is the top package they offer,router is a modem/router combo not the greatest not the worst but I would recommend buying a modem that matches the chipset of your street cabinet and running PPPoE,I've not personally got bt tv so can't comment

If it's speeds you are after you want the 80/20 package which is the top package they offer,router is a modem/router combo not the greatest not the worst but I would recommend buying a modem that matches the chipset of your street cabinet and running PPPoE,I've not personally got bt tv so can't comment

I would I find out what chipset my street cabinet uses?

Moving from Virgin Media's 100Mb to BT's 52Mb Infinity package gave me "infinitely" better performance. Heh not sorry...

Shame CoD doesn't play well on such consistently low and stable latency though.

Same and same. I've found IW very inconsistent since getting fibre. The connections seem to punish those with a low, stable ping.

I moved to BT midway through BO3. Ghosts was awesome connection wise but maybe that was because hit detection was technically better and different. AW was AIDS but that's Seattle based matchmaking for you...

BO3 was crap most of the time but it got worse moving to BT honestly. The games that weren't full of Saudiwaitis were decent but that came around maybe one in every 20 games playing core TDM on the UK server. 8ms was miserable there most of the time.

I got 7ms to the UK server without fail in IW and while there were a lot more good games, it wasn't good enough and I snapped the disc come June. I watched people on jittery cable with 40ms minimum latency smash lobbies like they were playing a totally different game, as their hit detection and time to react would be far superior to what I'd normally see -

and it would be on par with rare games (I had about 10 like this) where I'd actually melt in 7ms. Again that's probably down to matchmaking and the number of lagging shitter unkillables I'd see with Hexagon Pro enabled.

WW2 was 100% cancer all of the time. Never played anything so laggy and out of sync, despite apparently having 60Hz update rates both ways. My smoothest game was on 110ms to an Atlanta USA host... wut.

I moved to BT midway through BO3. Ghosts was awesome connection wise but maybe that was because hit detection was technically better and different. AW was AIDS but that's Seattle based matchmaking for you...

BO3 was crap most of the time but it got worse moving to BT honestly. The games that weren't full of Saudiwaitis were decent but that came around maybe one in every 20 games playing core TDM on the UK server. 8ms was miserable there most of the time.

I got 7ms to the UK server without fail in IW and while there were a lot more good games, it wasn't good enough and I snapped the disc come June. I watched people on jittery cable with 40ms minimum latency smash lobbies like they were playing a totally different game, as their hit detection and time to react would be far superior to what I'd normally see -

and it would be on par with rare games (I had about 10 like this) where I'd actually melt in 7ms. Again that's probably down to matchmaking and the number of lagging shitter unkillables I'd see with Hexagon Pro enabled.

WW2 was 100% cancer all of the time. Never played anything so laggy and out of sync, despite apparently having 60Hz update rates both ways. My smoothest game was on 110ms to an Atlanta USA host... wut.

AW was just horrible for me and BOps3 was awful until I got the Duma. The hit detection in IW isn't great for me, the amount of times I could've gotta triple kill with 3 sitting on a flag but the first guy won't go down or I can't even hit him so one of the others turns and kills me is insane.

IW was probably the first game to give me noticeably delayed hit detection when my connection was consistently better than ever. These were audibly and visibly delayed shots... I'm talking about 250-500ms delays on 7ms ping LOL

Pure nonsense.