Guest Netduma_Iain

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi everyone,

This patch and the next one(possibly two) are very geo-filter centric. This is the feature people seem to be using the most, so we're focusing on optimising it to the full extent. Once we've done those patches we will get back to all the great feature requests you have been posting.

So we figured out the cause of the lobby booting issue in 1.02.4. Unfortunately it has some negative side effects for some people. We are pretty confident we know exactly what all the issues are for low-distance geo-filtering. This patch has two parts to it:

1. Its moved all geo-filter(and some other parts) to the cloud. So that when any issues occur they can be pushed to all customers within 4 hours without people needing to touch anything.
  2. We've added some great feedback tools that combined with our server processing means the geo-filter can adapt to Internet changes very quickly.

First let me quickly touch on the feedback. On your router you'll see under "Settings > Miscellaneous" a check-box labelled "Allow auto feedback(no personal data ever) to help improve the R1.". Untick this if you do NOT want feedback sent from the router. This feedback never includes your personal data its only info that can help improve the router. Specifically:

• Which parts of the routers GUI are being used
  • How devices are classified on the "Device Manager" section
  • Crash reports if they occur(none have happened yet)

We have a new mode called "Admin Mode" in this version. We would like people from different regions to help with the reporting. If you would like to have admin mode please let me know in this thread. 

As with the other upgrades I haven't made it public, because I'd like to wait till we get all the geo-filter upgrades wrapped up before I do. If you'd like this upgrade please let me know in the thread as well.

So just to clarify, let me know if you'd like the upgrade and if you want admin mode also let me know. We only need one admin per region. 

I will PM everyone. 

Changelog

•   Fix congestion control for nonstandard WAN device.
  •   Set wifi min passphrase to 8.
  •   Geofilter fully migrated to the cloud.
  •   Decoupled device classification and moved to the cloud.
  •   Abstracted cloud update procedures
  •   Auto device feedback(if feedback is enabled) to help Netduma improve device classification.
  •   Geofilter ignore zero network broadcast address.
  •   Implemented admin mode for geo-filter.
  •   Fixed basic ping graph for nonstandard WAN devices.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Netduma_Iain

Firstly thanks for considering purchasing. 

Ok saytr69, I'll try reserve you a spot although we've pretty much got them all booked now.  Just let me know when you get it.

Archived