Netduma No More

i993Tiger

I fail to see what you are trying to accomplish here, if you have chosen to change routers that is on you. Personally i use my nighthawk only for wifi and the netduma does its thing to control everything else. If your goal was to try to move users from netduma, i think you would have more luck on a netgear forum.

I fail to see what you are trying to accomplish here, if you have chosen to change routers that is on you. Personally i use my nighthawk only for wifi and the netduma does its thing to control everything else. If your goal was to try to move users from netduma, i think you would have more luck on a netgear forum.

Or have some idea of what he's even talking about before spewing nonsense on a forum which he never asked for help on.

You are not the only one that has had trouble with the R1.  A fellow gamer and I had problems with consistency and speed.  Corrected the speed issues by watching Youtube videos and the many suggestions on this forum.  The consistency is another issue.  Once we had exausted a multitude of combinations in the settings, he decided to give the R1 a factory reset.  Set up everything the same as before the reset, but hasn't had more than a hiccup since.

I've factory reset twice in the past month and the consistency issue is still not resolved for me.  I've replaced every ethernet cable, bought a SB6190 modem, and even upgraded to a PS4 Pro.  On a fresh restart of all equipment, my hardlined devices will speedtest at the full spec of my ISP.  An hour or so into gaming my download speed on all devices degrades to around half at the high end, and I begin seeing lag spikes.  Eventually all devices test at 5-10 mbps and I start getting disconnects.

I am not giving up on the R1, it really does run like nothing I've ever experienced when it's working properly.  Got my request in for a 1 on 1, hope they can help me.  Good luck to you, hope they can help you too.

Well there's your problem lol

Meh. Got me off my ISPs equipment.  Spent the extra $20 to future proof.  Looks like it is good running hardware now that they patched the Intel chipset.  I do miss the boot speed of the Cisco DPC3216, but I'd have to replace it anyway at some point.

Meh. Got me off my ISPs equipment.  Spent the extra $20 to future proof.  Looks like it is good running hardware now that they patched the Intel chipset.  I do miss the boot speed of the Cisco DPC3216, but I'd have to replace it anyway at some point.

Future proof to what? It's not a docsis 3.1 modem, that's the future.

They will be using BCM3390 chipset by Broadcom by all accounts so it should be smooth :)

My point is whether you are using a 10 year old docsis 3 modem or a brand new docsis 3 modem... it offers no difference in performance since even a 8x4 modem can give max speeds on the fastest cable ISPs. To invest $100 in a modem that does the same thing as one that cost $30 is stupid to me. Docsis 3 is docsis 3, no matter how many channels you connect to, your ISP is only doing about 300 Mbps max on it. Once you go faster than that you'll need fiber to the home or Docsis 3.1 which makes your "future proof" modem obsolete.

My point is it's not a puma6 cpu which is a step forward, marking the end of puma6 being used.

I know you can get them without but people that have no idea about the issue will hopefully get docis3.1 modems in the near future, which to me is a plus for all gamers.

My point is it's not a puma6 cpu which is a step forward, marking the end of puma6 being used.

I know you can get them without but people that have no idea about the issue will hopefully get docis3.1 modems in the near future, which to me is a plus for all gamers.

Still made by Arris lol. That fact that they're still selling Puma 5 and 6 modems show what their priorities are. Then again, apparently I'm paid to say that.

Still made by Arris lol. That fact that they're still selling Puma 5 and 6 modems show what their priorities are. Then again, apparently I'm paid to say that

I would say Arris need to tell the shops to pull them from shelves.

I would say Arris need to tell the shops to pull them from shelves.

They're in for a rude surprise when they have to pay a huge settlement to consumers in that class action lawsuit lol. When Arris was still Motorola they made quality modems. I loved them, in fact I owned a bunch of Surfboard modems. Arris bought Motorola in 2013 and the SB6183 and SB6190 are some of the first modems that were completely designed by Arris without Motorola. And it's those two modems which have been having problems. I think Intel is also to blame here cause it's their chip and they seem to be a flop when it comes to anything except CPUs. Look at their iPhone 7 chips, which are failure when compared to Qualcomm.

I don't know how anyone can honestly defend Arris or use these modems when it's been proven time and time again that they do not work. There's so many other options so why put yourself through this nonsense when you can just buy a working modem for 1/4 the price?

I know this is completely off topic now.