Infinite Warfare not accessing online services

Just bought a PS4 and Infinite warfare does not work when I choose multiplayer. There is an error saying "unable to connect to online services." Also when I try to go the store in game, it says "You must be connected to Playstation Network to access this feature." When I disconnect the Netduma and plug straight into ISP router/modem, everything works perfectly. I'm wired and upnp enabled with ISP set to DMZ. Not sure what else to try. Any help would be much appreciated.

Did you go through the basic setup and ensure that you could access the internet before you tried to start gaming?

And reboot your modem if you haven't.

Yes. Everything works as it should. Pc, xbox, etc. Just the game only. I also factory reset the netduma with no luck

Sounds like your PS4 isn't set up right if you can't access PSN.

Assuming PS4 has Network Diagnostics, run them and see what's up.

For DMZ did you put the WAN IP shown on the R1 device manager in it?

Have you port forwarded on the R1? 

Have you set a static IP in DHCP lease for your console?

DMZ shows IP address for Netduma.

I have tried upnp and port forwarding. I found the ports off the forum. Maybe there not correct? Do you know the correct ports?

Yes, I have set the static ip in DHCP lease. I used the last 3 numbers in the PS4's ip address. Is that correct?

I am totally stumped as to why its not working

That's probably all correct.

Is your console online subscription up to date? I found on Xbox that I would get a similar message when my account hadn't been renewed.

Yes. I purchased the subscription last Sunday when I bought the ps4. Always had xbox and wanted to try ps4.

• Administrators

Okay I had a little look online. Other people have had this issue as well. These are a few of the things I found that fixed it from them:

• When you want to play the game launch it directly from your game library rather than your desktop
  • Check for an update in notifications and on the store page for the game 
  • Log out of Playstation Network completely, then log back in and launch the game
  • In power settings make sure it's set to turn off properly and not so it's in standby mode or whatever it is that allows it to update when off/turn on quickly. Then turn it off properly then on and try again

Okay I had a little look online. Other people have had this issue as well. These are a few of the things I found that fixed it from them:

• When you want to play the game launch it directly from your game library rather than your desktop
  • Check for an update in notifications and on the store page for the game 
  • Log out of Playstation Network completely, then log back in and launch the game
  • In power settings make sure it's set to turn off properly and not so it's in standby mode or whatever it is that allows it to update when off/turn on quickly. Then turn it off properly then on and try again

Ok. I found the problem. For some reason it shows the ps4 to be connected via ethernet cable in the firewall settings of my isp router. I had the duma set to DMZ so i figured anything connected to it would also be in DMZ mode. Apparently, if I set the ps4 to DMZ it works even though it is connected to the duma. When I switch the ps4 to DMZ it kicks the duma out of DMZ which messes up my xbox one, so I port forwarded the ports on the duma for xbox and left the ps4 in DMZ and all works perfectly! Do you know why I cant put multiple computers on DMZ?

• Administrators

Ok. I found the problem. For some reason it shows the ps4 to be connected via ethernet cable in the firewall settings of my isp router. I had the duma set to DMZ so i figured anything connected to it would also be in DMZ mode. Apparently, if I set the ps4 to DMZ it works even though it is connected to the duma. When I switch the ps4 to DMZ it kicks the duma out of DMZ which messes up my xbox one, so I port forwarded the ports on the duma for xbox and left the ps4 in DMZ and all works perfectly! Do you know why I cant put multiple computers on DMZ?

I'm a bit confused, can you clarify please?

Just because it's in your firewall settings doesn't necessarily mean it's connected to it currently. 

Are you certain that you had the Netduma WAN IP from the device manager in the DMZ? If the PS4 is connected to the R1 it should not show up as a connected device on the ISP router. Have you turned off DHCP on the R1? 

DMZ essentially routes all traffic on all ports to that device so you can't route all incoming traffic to two different devices that wouldn't make sense. 

If everything is as you described then I definitely want to take a look in a 1 on 1 because something strange is happening.

I'm a bit confused, can you clarify please?

Just because it's in your firewall settings doesn't necessarily mean it's connected to it currently. 

Are you certain that you had the Netduma WAN IP from the device manager in the DMZ? If the PS4 is connected to the R1 it should not show up as a connected device on the ISP router. Have you turned off DHCP on the R1? 

DMZ essentially routes all traffic on all ports to that device so you can't route all incoming traffic to two different devices that wouldn't make sense. 

If everything is as you described then I definitely want to take a look in a 1 on 1 because something strange is happening.

I completely understand that this is confusing and i'm not really sure what is going on here either. I can assure you that the WAN IP from the device manager was in DMZ. I have checked this multiple times. In the isp gui, it shows the ps4 to be in DMZ but also inactive and my xbox one I have the ports manually port forwarded. I can do this by entering the ip address for each console and it allows me to change what I want even though they are not in the list of active computers.  Another strange thing I just now saw is that the duma is now set to maximum protection in the firewall list which means it is not allowing anything to pass through. Apparently I did not save the settings in the gui. I checked my xbox one and it is showing an unavailable nat type which I've encountered before. I did not realize this in the last post because the game still runs and connects to xbox live just fine. So I tried the same thing on the xbox in the isp gui and manually port forwarded it and the xbox is now open nat. Its almost like a bridge mode or something is going on here even though this router does not have the feature. I went ahead and tried this two more times by switching the duma back to dmz and I get the same results. Just to clarify, the ps4 is in dmz, the xbox is manually port forwarded and the duma is set to maximum protection and everything works. I am figuring out all this as i'm typing and I am now 100% certain this is whats going on even though I have no idea why!! LOL!! If it helps, my isp router is the pace 5268ac  through AT@T dsl.

• Administrators

I definitely feel a 1 on 1 is the way to go unless you're happy with your current setup?

Yes. A 1 on 1 sounds good. I know it works but its not right. Thanks!

Post in the 1 on 1 section with dates/times you'd be available and I will take a look.

I completely understand that this is confusing and i'm not really sure what is going on here either. I can assure you that the WAN IP from the device manager was in DMZ. I have checked this multiple times. In the isp gui, it shows the ps4 to be in DMZ but also inactive and my xbox one I have the ports manually port forwarded. I can do this by entering the ip address for each console and it allows me to change what I want even though they are not in the list of active computers.  Another strange thing I just now saw is that the duma is now set to maximum protection in the firewall list which means it is not allowing anything to pass through. Apparently I did not save the settings in the gui. I checked my xbox one and it is showing an unavailable nat type which I've encountered before. I did not realize this in the last post because the game still runs and connects to xbox live just fine. So I tried the same thing on the xbox in the isp gui and manually port forwarded it and the xbox is now open nat. Its almost like a bridge mode or something is going on here even though this router does not have the feature. I went ahead and tried this two more times by switching the duma back to dmz and I get the same results. Just to clarify, the ps4 is in dmz, the xbox is manually port forwarded and the duma is set to maximum protection and everything works. I am figuring out all this as i'm typing and I am now 100% certain this is whats going on even though I have no idea why!! LOL!! If it helps, my isp router is the pace 5268ac  through [email protected] dsl.

Ok, I finally figured this out. In settings of the isp router, there is a device list in the LAN section. It was showing my xbox and ps4 in it with ip address generated from the isp router because at one time or another, these devices were connected to it. I'm assuming it saves pretty much everything that is ever connected to it. So I simply cleared the device list and let it repopulate. I then checked my 2 xbox's and ps4 and they all show open nat. They also all connect to online services in Infinite Warfare. Also, the only thing in DMZ mode is the Netduma with no other ports forwarded on either router and the Netduma with UPNP enabled. There must have been some conflict somewhere just not sure where. I just figured this out and will need a couple days to make sure the fix sticks. So all is well and I appreciate all the help!!!