Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New idea

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

DanUK86

DanUK86

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Local time: 11:25 PM
Hope it's still not too late for ideas for the new OS. How about the ability to do Adblock at router level? Don't know how easy or feasible it is.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,574 posts

I think that is something that's been suggested before - at the very least it is something we have thought about. I'm sure a lot of people would like this and so in future I'm confident we could implement that

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

DanUK86

DanUK86

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
Brilliant, thanks Fraser. This router just gets better and better.

I Am MoD BoX

I Am MoD BoX

If you're arguing with me, you're already wrong.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts
  • Local time: 06:25 PM

Yeah I remember mentioning it a long time ago... It works nicely, but it uses quite a bit of router resources once the block list grows to tens of thousands of blocked sites like most adblockers are these day. I tested it on a OpenWRT install, and once the list was updated it slowed down my connection quiet a bit.

If you would like a faster reply, please quote me so I am notified.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,574 posts

Yeah I remember mentioning it a long time ago... It works nicely, but it uses quite a bit of router resources once the block list grows to tens of thousands of blocked sites like most adblockers are these day. I tested it on a OpenWRT install, and once the list was updated it slowed down my connection quiet a bit.

I imagine we would have some sort of workaround, perhaps the list is located on the cloud and is consulted when needed. I don't know though just speculating.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

I Am MoD BoX

I Am MoD BoX

If you're arguing with me, you're already wrong.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts
  • Local time: 06:25 PM

I imagine we would have some sort of workaround, perhaps the list is located on the cloud and is consulted when needed. I don't know though just speculating.

You do something similar with the geo filter so I imagine it is possible... But I would assume those databases are stored on the router?

If you would like a faster reply, please quote me so I am notified.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,574 posts

You do something similar with the geo filter so I imagine it is possible... But I would assume those databases are stored on the router?

Yes I believe so - compressed so yeah quite possible we could apply the same tech.

Technical support:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users