Hello,

So firstly I couldnt access anything on the control panel so I turned the duma on and off. Still no luck. So I factory reset it from the panel

and that was fine but then the Netduma R1 no longer appeared on hardwired or WIFI. So I factory reset it from the hardware its self. 

Now I can see anything. I tried to do the quick setup from new but that also did not work.

Please help.

Dan

hold the reset button in for 10 seconds on the back of the netduma then release. unplug the netduma for 2 minutes. Connect the netdumato a pc wired to lan port 1 and the netduma to your isp modem or router wired from the netduma wan port to the isp modem or router. connect the power to netduma and wait 1 minute. You should then be able to access the netduma gui. Please make sure you access the netduma via google chrome or firefox. I(f you still have no joy then manually assign you pc a static ip address in the ethernet preferences section inside  networking such as   192.168.88.4 but not 192.168.88.1 as that is reserved for the netduma.

hold the reset button in for 10 seconds on the back of the netduma then release. unplug the netduma for 2 minutes. Connect the netdumato a pc wired to lan port 1 and the netduma to your isp modem or router wired from the netduma wan port to the isp modem or router. connect the power to netduma and wait 1 minute. You should then be able to access the netduma gui. Please make sure you access the netduma via google chrome or firefox. I(f you still have no joy then manually assign you pc a static ip address in the ethernet preferences section inside  networking such as   192.168.88.4 but not 192.168.88.1 as that is reserved for the netduma.

Hello,

Could you put this out in a easier format to read please as it seem's very confusing.

Thanks,

Dan

• Administrators
  1. Unplug all ethernet cables from the Netduma.
  2. Hold the reset button in for 10 seconds on the back of the Netduma then release, wait 1 minute.
  3. Unplug the power from the Netduma for 2 minutes.
  4. Connect the Netduma to a PC via an ethernet cable to port 2 as well as connecting the Netduma to the modem/router provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) with an ethernet cable from Netduma port 1 to port 1 on the ISP modem/router. 
  5. Connect the power to netduma and wait 1 minute.

You should then be able to access the netduma gui. Please make sure you access the netduma via the Google Chrome or Firefox web browsers. (If you still have no joy then manually assign your PC a static ip address in the ethernet preferences section inside networking such as 192.168.88.4 but not 192.168.88.1 as that is reserved for the netduma. 

This may help: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/

Please see the quote here where I've made it easier to follow.

I have tried both and still is not working. Anything else?

Please see the quote here where I've made it easier to follow.

I have done this. Set a static and am seeing the GUI now how do I get it so I can make a WIFI and see the Netduma on the network.

I just feel after I have factory reset it, it has bricked it's self, done factory reset and no longer appearing on my network.

Now disable the WiFi & apply. Then enable and apply. Since you've factory reset the password will be "netdumar1" so change this if needed.

When I go onto the WIFI tab, it is already disabled. I have to enable it and put in the security I would like to use. Manually enter SSID and password and pick channel and 2.4ghz. I click apply and the page refreshes and goes back to Disabled. It's very confusing.