is plusnet fibre any good please guys respond

With the proce increase from virgin i can finaally leave this awful service.

Plusnet looks promising but can anyone here tell me how plusnet is for gaming compared to the other uk providers ? Also do they let you use ur own modem ? Please reply

As far as I know they're ok but I've never used them myself.

I'm sure you can use whatever modem you want with them, I think it's only Virgin that lock you down due to their coax or whatever it is.

hi there, im with plusnet and have been with them since 2014, you can use what ever modem/router that is compatible with PPPoE, and currently for £30 quid on their top tier including line rental is a bargain, any issues i have had with line problems etc have always been fixed, the only issue i do have is how long it takes them to answer the phone, but then again i have only had to ring a few times. they have recently removed their traffic management/priority, which i think has helped greatly in my online gaming. They have a great forum that is also manned daily by employees as well as very helpful customers.

They also have gateways all over the uk that allow routing to be as short as possible. also for every person you refer you can get £1.25 off your bill,  If you decide to go with them and you want, you can use my username as the referrer. 

hi there, im with plusnet and have been with them since 2014, you can use what ever modem/router that is compatible with PPPoE, and currently for £30 quid on their top tier including line rental is a bargain, any issues i have had with line problems etc have always been fixed, the only issue i do have is how long it takes them to answer the phone, but then again i have only had to ring a few times. they have recently removed their traffic management/priority, which i think has helped greatly in my online gaming. They have a great forum that is also manned daily by employees as well as very helpful customers.

They also have gateways all over the uk that allow routing to be as short as possible. also for every person you refer you can get £1.25 off your bill, If you decide to go with them and you want, you can use my username as the referrer.

I'll be leaving BT in November and this sounds really good especially the price,so you are saying it's the full 80/20 package with line rental for 30quid total?

I'm with PlusNet and they've been great. Price is competitive for for Fibre Unlimited 76Mbs. I did have a problem with my line but they (and BT) were great. Replaced the overhead telegraph cable from my house and I've never looked back. My speeds are now in excess of 80Mbs down and 20Mbs up so can't complain. I get a 15ms ping from Newcastle to London. They don't packet shape Unlimited customers data either. I'm A+ on all the DSL reports scores. 

been with them for nearly 10 years now.

as posted above the only problem is its about 10 mins waiting on the fone before you get through to them.

i thought i was on unlimited internet then i noticed a lot of emails in my spam acc saying im nearing my limit , when i looked into it i found i wasnt and paying 25 a month , i looked into it more im now on unlimited and only paying 17.50 a month (result) and at the time i upgraded my package i didnt order a new router etc as mine was fine , and as the universe works 6 weeks later my router fell over and died , when i mentioned this on the fone to the very helpful plusnet fella (im not just saying that btw) he said if i had of orderd a new router at the time i alterd my plan it would of cost me 20 quid or so for the router and connection etc , but as its died now and your in contract it will cost 6.99 , winning .

in nearly 10yrs i have lost internet connection twice both down to bt not plusnet and my router shuffled off its mortal coils a plusnet problem and a new router was deliverd 3 days later , id say thats pretty good.