Internet keeps disconnecting for 5-10 seconds and reconnects

I don't understand why this is happening and it just started today, happening all day.

I've restarted the router via the netduma page multiple times

unplugged both the modem and netduma for five minutes and plugged them back in,

thinking it solved my problem it wasn't even two minutes before the next disconnect happened.

few more details might help please, Is it the router rebooting (do you hear a beep) or is it a loss of connection from a certain device etc. Are you devices connected wired or over wifi?

Have you made sure that all the cables are firmly plugged in. 

Have you had this issue before?

Does the same problem exist using the router provided by your ISP?

Strange one I know but do you have any devices with usb3 connection on your network?

few more details might help please, Is it the router rebooting (do you hear a beep) or is it a loss of connection from a certain device etc. Are you devices connected wired or over wifi?

Have you made sure that all the cables are firmly plugged in. 

Have you had this issue before?

Does the same problem exist using the router provided by your ISP?

Strange one I know but do you have any devices with usb3 connection on your network?

connected by ethernet but wifi devices (like my iphone) experience the problem too

cables are all plugged in, tight without any kinks or damage

never had this issue before until today

I don't believe the router is rebooting unless I do it manually either by website or hand

and no one has any usb3 

tried googles DNS, flushing, and changing the DHCP from 12 to 1 hour

Could you try your ISP router to see if you experience the same issue as first impression would be that your line may be a t fault. 

So to rule that out please try using your ISP provided router. 

Thank you. 

Could you try your ISP router to see if you experience the same issue as first impression would be that your line may be a t fault. 

So to rule that out please try using your ISP provided router. 

Thank you. 

I don't have the ISP router on hand or I would have already.

unsure if this will help but I recorded some drops with pingplotter but I honestly don't know how to read it properly myself, maybe you or another use can?

f3jWcLfwE1r.png

That is not a very nice looking plot to be honest. At first glance it appears that there is an issue with your line. Have you tried a plot to twitter? Leave it running for a couple of hours if possible whilst not using the internet. Maybe whilst your household is asleep but as I said at first glance it appears your isp may need a phone call. 

Its 03.30 am here so I'm almost ready for my bed but I am sure some other knowledgeable people will be along very soon to help you out. 

I had a similar plot some time ago and it turned out to be the filters on my fttc connection, changed those out and then the connection and plots were smooth as silk. 

Are you on cable? 

I believe my ISP is cable: https://www.shentel.com/

I will continue to run pingplotter through twitter overnight. like I said this is the first time I've experienced an issue like this.

most of the time for issues its the ISP modem requiring a reset and all is good.

I will see how the internet performs in the morning and if it continues I'll call them.

I just want to be sure my hardware or something locally isn't causing the problem. 

OK, let us know how you get on. There are quite a few clever souls here who can interpret the Ping plots much better than I can but a fair few will be asleep at the minute. There may be work going on on the network somewhere and it may resolve itself overnight but please keep us up to date so if it doesn't we can try and help you out.

Cheers.

I don't have the ISP router on hand or I would have already.

unsure if this will help but I recorded some drops with pingplotter but I honestly don't know how to read it properly myself, maybe you or another use can?

Please run a plot direct from your modem, then we can see if it's your line that has the issue.

If it still shows the problem, run it again with a different ethernet cable (just in case it's the cable).

And make sure you're not using an interval higher than 0.5 seconds in ping plotter, it used to falsely show issues.

But before you do anything, run that plot again (through the Duma) to something other than ping plotter, like Bags said.

Their server could be rats.