New Data

Just been observing whats happening in game and id have to say its different.

A game just now, 15ms ping to host, no one was 4 bar 1/2 where 3bar and a couple 2 bar.

Very laggy game.

Being 2am probably isnt helping thou.

But according to the geo filter map we were all in the same country.

Also advance warfare wont load MP with geo filter on.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks for the info.

Ok if the game is 15ms, then its not local congestion. In fact 15ms is a phenomenal host, one of the best you'll get on the Internet. Was it 15ms throughout the game? Also did you ping the host or another player?

Finally what is MP?

EDIT: It could be to do with these xmas DDoS, everyone is experiencing weird results. I haven't been able to get a game for 2 days.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Wait I know exactly what it is. You're on 1.02.4 right, don't worry it will be addressed very soon. I'm releasing 1.02.5 that will address many of these issues and they should all be fixed for 1.02.6 coming out in a couple of days.

Thanks for the info.

Ok if the game is 15ms, then its not local congestion. In fact 15ms is a phenomenal host, one of the best you'll get on the Internet. Was it 15ms throughout the game? Also did you ping the host or another player?

Finally what is MP?

EDIT: It could be to do with these xmas DDoS, everyone is experiencing weird results. I haven't been able to get a game for 2 days.

MP = Multiplayer

Not a steady 15ms, bounced alittle between 25ms-15ms. Just noticed a bombing run raised the ping by 10ms.

Could just be timing of games and ddos.

Guest Netduma_Iain

A fluctuation of 10ms is unnoticeable so I wouldn't worry about that. Not being able to connect to MP with geo-filter is almost certainly a DDoS issue. However if it continues tomorrow please let me know. If the geo-filter is on it won't help you find a good host.

All will be sorted very soon in v .6 

No problem mate, all will be sweet as a nut very soon.

Awesome im struggling to get into the AW app at the moment.

I turned the geo filter off just for shits and giggles, bang straight into a lobby in Orlando USA, players in lobby all over the world.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok what distance have you been setting your geo-filter? You need to bare in mind the populations around you. So being in Australia, maybe you should put it in the middle of the country and expand to include the whole country?

But again the new patch will address these issues. I'm just about to post on the news & announcement forum. 

Archived