Turbo Mode and 4G LTE CellSpot

I can't use turbo mode and my cellspot at the same time. This has been a problem ever since I got the Cellspot 8 months ago. My current work around is to enable turbo while anyone is gaming and phones are not needed. This normally is not a problem during the workweek but this is not really an option on the weekends.

With turbo mode on our connection averages 200Mb+ down and 10Mb up from any device. We have zero lag or stutters in the house even with 3 consoles and a smart tv streaming netflix in this scenario.The only issue is absolutely no phone service.

With turbo mode off our devices cap out around 30Mb down and 4Mb up but varies greatly. While 25/5 is plenty to game on it usually becomes an issue when more than one gamer is online or playing at the same time as someone streaming movies. 

I have checked to make sure all the proper ports are open for the cellspot but I assume something in that configuration is altered with turbo on. Ideally we would like to utilize the speed we pay for 100% of the time and still be able to use our phones. Our current set up is cable modem >> R1 >> ~12 wired and wireless devices including consoles, PCs, phones and a TV. We are normally on the general gaming profile but sometimes switch to the non-gaming profile as well. Firmware 1.03.6

I am posting this hoping I have just completely missed a setting after the past 8 months of troubleshooting on my own but still totally prepared to hear that I am out of luck. Excited for the upcoming DumaOS in hopes that my very specific issue is gone!

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

That is a bug unfortunately that should be resolved for DumaOS. You should however be able to achieve much higher speeds without turbo mode on which will help, please double check the following settings:

• Set your speeds in bandwidth (don't allow auto setup)
  • Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

Hey, welcome to the forum!

That is a bug unfortunately that should be resolved for DumaOS. You should however be able to achieve much higher speeds without turbo mode on which will help, please double check the following settings:

• Set your speeds in bandwidth (don't allow auto setup)
  • Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

Thank you for the feedback. The only thing I had been doing different from the configuration you suggested was allowing auto setup for the bandwidth speed. I hard reset and tested everything out over the weekend managed to get an average of 45 down and 10 up from the PC while getting 35 down and 10 up from the wired console speed tests. That's obviously not the turbo mode speeds but it is better than I was getting before. We did run into one lag issue this weekend for about 15 seconds when 2 consoles were online and and PC was streaming Netflix but I'm going to blame the ISP for that one.

I am excited to hear that this bug will be fixed with the upcoming release of DumaOS! If there are other changes I can make to utilize more bandwidth I am open to any suggestions. Thanks again