Netduma not working with Destiny, Beavers errors every game.

Just got this today, and uh yeah getting many beaver issues. I've got a distance set of 1000km with ping assist at 0. Strict Mode is disabled, my nat type is fine, upnp is on and connection is stable and via lan. Nobody else is home yet and the PS4 and the laptop are the only two devices on the network. I also loaded the Destiny profile via the settings in the Netduma.

However I'm lucky if I get 2 minutes in the tower before getting a beaver error, I power cycled the console and router, it kept happening, I'm able to sit in orbit no worries, but that's it.

In 30 minutes I got in a grand total of 2 Crucible games and got beaver errors and was promptly booted before I landed. 

There are no recent posts on reddit regarding beaver errors nor on twitter, so likely this is not a Bungie problem but a Netduma issue or perhaps I haven't set everything up correctly.

Is there anything I should enable or disable? Or is this bit of kit useless when it comes to playing Destiny?

Cheers.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I believe you sent us a message regarding this which I've replied to so I'll just paste what I sent to you then:

Please make sure you have auto & bleeding edge cloud enabled in miscellaneous settings. You may need to apply it if it's already set. If you continue to get booted after that please make a post on forum.netduma.com with the ID's of the padlocks/caution triangles that are shown as blocked on the Geo-filter map when you're booted from the game.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I believe you sent us a message regarding this which I've replied to so I'll just paste what I sent to you then:

Please make sure you have auto & bleeding edge cloud enabled in miscellaneous settings. You may need to apply it if it's already set. If you continue to get booted after that please make a post on forum.netduma.com with the ID's of the padlocks/caution triangles that are shown as blocked on the Geo-filter map when you're booted from the game.

Those settings were ticked, I toggled them off and on and applied, waited 2 hours. I've just played or attempted to play 6 games, got booted from 5 before landing, this is ridiculous. Here's some triangles and padlocks.

Australia: b37826f115520b10

Australia: cd36dba6d36c575c

Australia: c7369c67d3664a4f

Russia: 6d7efdc81b0cc0c5

Indonesia: 00738c57109f3d42

Australia: 10af96614caf1d22

U.S.A: 359e88533bd4878c

It's happened three more times in three attempts, I guess at least one of those games I got 2 minutes in before the beaver got me again. The same Russia and U.S.A ID's previously listed showed up in all three

I'm done for the night, 2 more games booted mid game, someone even showed up as in Antarctica? What a waste of time...

Japan: 79b4ab765118161b

Antarctica: 6867481304074247

I was in a lobby that had 4 people from Japan, way outside my distance range. So the geo filter is just useless?

Not useless it is just servers are mislocated.  Servers come and go.  It is perpetual thing. That is where we come in - by reporting this information back to Netduma so our gaming experience will be much improved.  It can be frustrating sometimes but trust me when I say it gets better.

So in 15 hours since last posting there is nobody with any suggestions as to changing different settings?

This is the only port of call for support right or am I missing something, do I need to post on Twitter to get help?

So far there's a lot of claims advertised by this company, and I'm yet to see any benefit, in fact all I've seen is error screens and a geo filter that doesn't work, the only things it does seem to offer already exist in most routers via bandwidth limiting and QoS adjustments per device.

For a $300AUD product that's beyond mediocre.

• Administrators

You could expand your radius to encompass the blocked hosts. There are no other settings to change which is why I asked you for the IDs so I can add them to the cloud to prevent you from being booted with strict mode off. I'll try to do a cloud update today or tomorrow.

You could expand your radius to encompass the blocked hosts. There are no other settings to change which is why I asked you for the IDs so I can add them to the cloud to prevent you from being booted with strict mode off. I'll try to do a cloud update today or tomorrow.

Yeah I think expanding to include far away places in another hemisphere like Russia etc kind of defeats the purpose of the device.

I've spent a fair bit of time googling this and there's a lot of Destiny players who have/had similar issues with the Netduma and the beaver error and boot occurring just as you're about to land in game. The consensus on Reddit which is far more tame and generally home to better informed persons than the Bnet forums, is that this device just doesn't work well with Destiny due to the strict SBMM, which as far as I've noticed was tightened right up around Jan 2016. I've tested it many,many times with smurf accounts and found much better connections/wait times with lesser stats than my main.

I did watch videos from several content creators sponsored by you guys who said that this device significantly improved their experience, and ultimately was a deciding factor in my purchase, and satisfied my doubts that it may not work well. So far it hasn't been positive, early days sure, and hopefully it may improve, otherwise there's no reason for me to use it.

If there's no settings I can change in the Duma, how about in regards to the setup of my isp modem/router, do you or anyone have any specific thoughts on how that should be setup? 

• Administrators

The thing with Destiny is that the way online works seems to change with every update. A lot of the servers they used for games that we had classified as dedicated servers changed to authentication servers - hence the booting. We keep having to add these but there is a lot. 

I would recommend ISP hub in modem mode if possible, if not then bridge mode, if not then R1 WAN IP from device manager in it's DMZ. ISP hub WiFi, UPnP & port forwarding all disabled.

Then ALL devices connected to the R1. Your speeds input into bandwidth settings, let it setup automatically. Then use 70/70 anti-flood and put your console in hyper traffic. I'm not sure where you're based but raise your radius to ~1500km

• Administrators

Just preparing for the cloud by checking your IDs, most of them seem to be people, one is a server that is already on the bleeding edge cloud and two can be added. Could you add a screenshot of your Geo-filter when getting booted if possible?

The thing with Destiny is that the way online works seems to change with every update. A lot of the servers they used for games that we had classified as dedicated servers changed to authentication servers - hence the booting. We keep having to add these but there is a lot. 

I would recommend ISP hub in modem mode if possible, if not then bridge mode, if not then R1 WAN IP from device manager in it's DMZ. ISP hub WiFi, UPnP & port forwarding all disabled.

Then ALL devices connected to the R1. Your speeds input into bandwidth settings, let it setup automatically. Then use 70/70 anti-flood and put your console in hyper traffic. I'm not sure where you're based but raise your radius to ~1500km

I'm using an Archer D7, it says it supports bridge mode but there's minimal info I can find about that specific router, even in the manual it only mentions using it as a modem/router(default) or wireless router(which when enabled leaves me unable to connect to the internet even via lan cable) so it seems DMZ is the only option. Is this safe? I know that there's no real issue with a console, I've done it before. But having everyone's devices(PC's mostly) in the DMZ would be a major security risk or not?

Just preparing for the cloud by checking your IDs, most of them seem to be people, one is a server that is already on the bleeding edge cloud and two can be added. Could you add a screenshot of your Geo-filter when getting booted if possible?

I assumed they are people, isn't it strictly P2P? Posting screenshots of every single occurrence? Of just the global map? It's now almost 1am so it would be 16 hours from now until I'd be able to do so.

• Administrators

I'm using an Archer D7, it says it supports bridge mode but there's minimal info I can find about that specific router, even in the manual it only mentions using it as a modem/router(default) or wireless router(which when enabled leaves me unable to connect to the internet even via lan cable) so it seems DMZ is the only option. Is this safe? I know that there's no real issue with a console, I've done it before. But having everyone's devices(PC's mostly) in the DMZ would be a major security risk or not?

I assumed they are people, isn't it strictly P2P? Posting screenshots of every single occurrence? Of just the global map? It's now almost 1am so it would be 16 hours from now until I'd be able to do so.

It's not all your devices in the DMZ, it's the R1 which has a built in firewall so it's perfectly safe.

Destiny is actually a P2P/Dedicated hybrid system. When you got the ID's before did you collect them all before trying to get into a game and then booted? I only need the ID's of anything that shows up when you're actually booted out.

No just a generic screenshot of the entire map when you get kicked out, no worries.

It's not all your devices in the DMZ, it's the R1 which has a built in firewall so it's perfectly safe.

Destiny is actually a P2P/Dedicated hybrid system. When you got the ID's before did you collect them all before trying to get into a game and then booted? I only need the ID's of anything that shows up when you're actually booted out.

No just a generic screenshot of the entire map when you get kicked out, no worries.

Ok I'll give the DMZ a go.

So almost all of those ID's were triangles, I think one was a padlock, I'm not sure the difference. I noted them down after the lobby had filled and we were loading into the game so it would have been a matter of 5-10 seconds before getting kicked, many of them looked like they had been denied several times during matchmaking but kept reappearing.

After getting booted I didn't see much of anything, it seemed like all the connections disappeared on the map once I'd been booted. Is that unusual or should they all remain there for a certain amount of time after being disconnected?

Just one further question, I noticed user Chive972 has setup a fairly comprehensive guide, in it he mentions 

For Destiny players:

In the Cloud Settings section, uncheck "Enable Auto Cloud" and "Bleeding Edge Cloud".

Then choose the following values ​​in this order: 30, 28, 28.

Finally, validate by clicking on Apply.

Is this no longer valid given you've suggested to enable both those options and there's been no mention of numbers to enter?

Thanks.

• Administrators

Ok I'll give the DMZ a go.

So almost all of those ID's were triangles, I think one was a padlock, I'm not sure the difference. I noted them down after the lobby had filled and we were loading into the game so it would have been a matter of 5-10 seconds before getting kicked, many of them looked like they had been denied several times during matchmaking but kept reappearing.

After getting booted I didn't see much of anything, it seemed like all the connections disappeared on the map once I'd been booted. Is that unusual or should they all remain there for a certain amount of time after being disconnected?

That sounds fine, when you get booted there should be at least one thing that gets blocked - make sure you have the map zoomed out so you can see it if it appears.

Just one further question, I noticed user Chive972 has setup a fairly comprehensive guide, in it he mentions 

For Destiny players:

In the Cloud Settings section, uncheck "Enable Auto Cloud" and "Bleeding Edge Cloud".

Then choose the following values ​​in this order: 30, 28, 28.

Finally, validate by clicking on Apply.

Is this no longer valid given you've suggested to enable both those options and there's been no mention of numbers to enter?

Thanks.

Correct, I've updated the cloud a few times since then and the latest numbers to be used are now on auto & bleeding edge.

Correct, I've updated the cloud a few times since then and the latest numbers to be used are now on auto & bleeding edge.

Better add 7734bf8ad116454a to the list of destiny padlocks. Singapore 52.74.0.0 amazon addresses are becoming the usual beaver errors with au/nz in geofilter

I'm using the Destiny profile and I'm having the same error of beaver a lot. Like from 10 matchmaking in 9 I get booted. I recently bought the router and it hasn't

work for me.  It boot me from matches where the ping to the host are at 25ms or less and let me playing in the worst matches where the ping goes from 87ms and up.

Seriously I don't undestand why it let me play in the worst scenario matches and boot me from the good quality games. I'm sending some ID that I copy just when the

game boot me.  And if it help I see in the geo-filte that it block some host and then show a yellow exclamation sign. If this help my location is in PR.

39186d38b5d82d32
9b41b984de3ab7bc
b2417d48de511c21
d0487b46e56f2d32
d6363f0ad375a0a5
b960ebb6fd58e9ee
3918f9c4b5d82d32
41407a45dde0e8ed
d536f9c4d374a0a5
c245ebb6e261767b
25184a15b5c4868b
a3361de8d342a0a5

9f361ae5d33ea0a5

00acefba499f464b

I'm using the Destiny profile and I'm having the same error of beaver a lot. Like from 10 matchmaking in 9 I get booted. I recently bought the router and it hasn't

work for me.  It boot me from matches where the ping to the host are at 25ms or less and let me playing in the worst matches where the ping goes from 87ms and up.

Seriously I don't undestand why it let me play in the worst scenario matches and boot me from the good quality games. I'm sending some ID that I copy just when the

game boot me.  And if it help I see in the geo-filte that it block some host and then show a yellow exclamation sign. If this help my location is in PR.

39186d38b5d82d32

9b41b984de3ab7bc

b2417d48de511c21

d0487b46e56f2d32

d6363f0ad375a0a5

b960ebb6fd58e9ee

3918f9c4b5d82d32

41407a45dde0e8ed

d536f9c4d374a0a5

c245ebb6e261767b

25184a15b5c4868b

a3361de8d342a0a5

9f361ae5d33ea0a5

00acefba499f464b

What do you have your cloud settings and geo filter set to?

Curious, How does the adding I.d.'s work exactly Fraser?

It seems as he is providing you the id's to the peer2peer players he is attempting to connect to and not a server of any sort. Does this mean those players id's will be whitelisted for everyone; and end up allowing us to connect to them when we matchmake even when they are not near us since they are whitelisted? if so this is confusing since his region/area is not the same as ours. Still learning about the workings of the cloud & hope to understand it a little better :)