Extremely low upload speeds

I am having troube getting a reasonable upload speed with my Netduma R1 router (firmware version 1.03.6h):

Using my ISP supplied router, I get consistent download / upload speeds of around 850 / 850 Mbps as determined by speedtest.net. Using the Netduma R1 router, I at best get speeds of around 400 / 1 Mbps.

I have tried using the suggested settings for the Netduma R1 router (deep packet inspection disabled, both turbo modes enabled, ipv6 disabled), and followed the optimal settings guide for speed in the knowledge base.

Both routers are connected directly to the ISP supplied media converter, using VLAN 101 mode, and speed tests are performed using the same wired connection from either router to the same PC. Similar results are obtained when using the ISP supplied router in bridge mode, and connecting the Netduma R1 to the ISP router.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

In addition, I noticed that while the Device Manager dialogue suggests that "values less than or equal to 1000" are permitted, values of exactly 1000 are simply ignored, and do not actually change the current Download or Upload value.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Just double check all the settings here:

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Enable turbo mode
  • Enable super turbo mode
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

If needed I can do a 1 on 1 as your upload shouldn't be that low.

Nice find, that is a bug. Input 999 instead.

Hi Fraser,

I've run through your checklist:

• Reactive Algorithm Check, but CC is disabled because of super turbo mode.
  • 100% anti-flood Check
  • Share excess enabled Enabled, but I had to connect a second device to see this option.
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply Check
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc Check
  • Disable deep packet in misc Check
  • Enable turbo mode Check
  • Enable super turbo mode Check
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds. Check. I have also used the same cables in all tests.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC Check

I rebooted the router after this and re-ran the speedtest. This yielded speeds of 419 / 5. This was while directly connected to the media converter.

I did indeed use 999 after I noticed that issue ;-)

Do you have a spare router at all? If you could put that between the R1 and hub to handle VLAN then do a speed test on the R1 what do you get?

I've tried using the ISP router in bridge mode, but it only resulted in a somewhat lower connection speed compared to connecting the Netduma directly. Or is that not what you mean?