Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"LAN cable not connected" (PS4)

PS4 COD

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

wittlescwappy

wittlescwappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Local time: 11:19 PM

Does your PS4 get hot where the network cable connects to it?

yes.  It gets hot in the back.  But not just at the network cable port - the entire back of the console gets pretty hot.  I think that's where the fans are blowing out.    

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 3,061 posts
  • Local time: 05:19 AM
  • LocationLondon, UK

yes.  It gets hot in the back.  But not just at the network cable port - the entire back of the console gets pretty hot.  I think that's where the fans are blowing out.    

Does this connection issue ever occur immediately after startup or does it only occur after things get hot?

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

zProdiigy-

zProdiigy-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Local time: 09:19 PM
I seen a post saying they had success defeating the problem by switching to a cat5 cable.

wittlescwappy

wittlescwappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Does this connection issue ever occur immediately after startup or does it only occur after things get hot?

It NEVER occurs immediately - usually takes about 5-15 mins to start.  

MTU test yielded 1500 as optimal MTU - I am going to switch PS4 to that and try it out for the night.  

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 3,061 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

I am going to switch PS4 to that and try it out for the night.  

Good idea, let us know

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

wittlescwappy

wittlescwappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Good idea, let us know

The problem still occurs despite the change.  I am going to switch back to the old router for some time to confirm a few things.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,161 posts

Keep us updated!

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

wittlescwappy

wittlescwappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

So... I'm Back.  I have returned my Playstation to Playstation twice now.  Both times it has have been returned with the problem persisting.  I am pretty sure this most recent time they actually replaced the console because I was required to reinstate this new device as my main PS4.  Monday I am going to call PS and make sure they did replace the whole console- while they were working on it they called me confused because they could not recreate the problem.   

Let us assume they have replaced my console and that cannot possibly be the issue.  What could be the problem?

I am going to replace the netduma with my old router for the weekend and see if this changes anything.

The one thing I know for sure with this issue is that it did not start happening until I got my Netduma + PS4 Pro Holiday 2016....    

wittlescwappy

wittlescwappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Alright, it turns out they have NOT replaced my console yet.  This time they are going to replace it 100%... Hopefully, this finally fixes the issue.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PS4, COD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users