Lag Compensation Problems? (not sure what this is tbh)

Again, apologizing for such late response. I haven't called ISP yet due to the fact my grandfather is sick and I haven't had the time to call them yet.

Sorry to hear that Monzo, best wishes to him.

ModBox is right. The router DOES stop lag. if you're lagging, its either because 

1. The router is not set up properly.

2. You're not really having a lag problem, you're probably having the issue that I'm having, which is a line or modem problem (hopefully that's my issue). That is not lag.

Lag and Lag comp in my opinion are two different things. when you lag, your character goes all over the place, you can't move, and the deaths are a different kind of what we scream when we die, "BULLS***". Lag compensation issues is a little different. Lag compensation applies more to the hit detection, who shot who first while 4 barring kind of problem. When you have very good connection with the Duma, but are suffering from this kind of issue constantly, you are obviously having a lag comp problem, which in my case is probably from having a not so great modem, line quality, congestion problems, etc. 

Again, ModBox is right. and to clarify what you are now denying, you did say that you were mislead by youtubers to create the opinion you now have on the Duma. 

So back to fixing my problem, Scion. Thank you! :)

Sorry but if your going to quote some one, atleast read their statement correclty, I said 'The Netduma is sold on a very misleading basis as most think its plug play (as its sold this way by youtubers) which its not'

I never said I bought one due to a youtubers, I stated its mis-sold by them as they make out it fixes lag which is does not always do as some even said here, 'if you have a potatoe connection then it wont do any good', this goes for the players connected to any game lobby as you connections might be good and congestion free but not all players are, also the geo filter stops you connecting outside it but dont stop anyone connecting to your server etc.. so if they connect from miles away lag will play a big part in the game.

My opinion is formed from my own mind, the R1 isnt always going to do its job on every game/match you play.

So next time you two quote someone read what they put please :)

@ modbox you forget to realise that if the other player has as again someone stated 'potatoe connection' then your shots could be dropped on his end, meaning they wont all reg on his side.

I know how to set the router up as Fraser showed me.

a6e9b022_bb1c_439c_9e44_07dc300b6081.png

Also this is one of the videos that shows the R1 does have some issues which the DumaOS will clearly fix.

LINK

You will sort this out Monzo but again as people have stated it will depend on your setup and connection. I will say I was using a BT router and then switched to a netgear one, and wow is all i can say that change made a huge difference. In connection, QOS, Lagspikes, packet loss etc.

Looks like I ran out of the trial version for Pingplotter. Is there any way I can get it for free so that I can show enough proof to the ISP that there is a problem? Still not sure when I will be able to call them though

You can still see 10 mins of graph though right?

It's a bit of a pain but you can just screen shot every 10 mins or so until you have 1 hour, that should be plenty enough to show them the problems.

If the issue is visible all the time then as few as 3 screenshots will be enough I expect.

When I showed my ISP, I only had 3 screenshots covering 30 minutes. It doesn't even matter if there are 5 minute gaps in between.

A few different 10 min graphs throughout the day might even be better, as you can show them that it happens no matter what time of day.

Also, shorter timescale graphs are much easier to look at, so no need to worry about it.

Alright I'm going to drop my 2 cents in here. I known a lot of people in this forum like to think ping is king but I beg to differ. Can someone explain to me why sometimes a negative kd player can outslay a 3 kd player and other times that 3 kd player can outslay a 5 kd player? Shoot first, die first? Trust me I know the difference between being outplayed and being BSed.. Even though we have optimized our connection to be the best possible, other people's connection is still going to be unstable. Dedicated servers and even peer to peer host algorithms have to take into consideration all of the elements in connections to determine a fair lag comp result. I've played fps games before lag comp was a thing and host would destroy everyone so it's understandable that something had to be done to avoid this from happening and even out the playing field. If everyone had NetDuma quality we would live in a better world but that's just not the case. I wouldn't put the blame on the netduma not doing what it's suppose to, I would put the blame on the netcode of some of these games not being able to adjust or interpret bad internet.

Alright I'm going to drop my 2 cents in here. I known a lot of people in this forum like to think ping is king but I beg to differ. Can someone explain to me why sometimes a negative kd player can outslay a 3 kd player and other times that 3 kd player can outslay a 5 kd player? Shoot first, die first? Trust me I know the difference between being outplayed and being BSed.. Even though we have optimized our connection to be the best possible, other people's connection is still going to be unstable. Dedicated servers and even peer to peer host algorithms have to take into consideration all of the elements in connections to determine a fair lag comp result. I've played fps games before lag comp was a thing and host would destroy everyone so it's understandable that something had to be done to avoid this from happening and even out the playing field. If everyone had NetDuma quality we would live in a better world but that's just not the case. I wouldn't put the blame on the netduma not doing what it's suppose to, I would put the blame on the netcode of some of these games not being able to adjust or interpret bad internet.

Here's the thing, I'm not blaming the Duma, I'm blaming the line quality because it's already been proven that it's garbage. If it was the Duma, I would wholeheartedly admit it was the duma. But I know it's not.

Here's the thing, I'm not blaming the Duma, I'm blaming the line quality because it's already been proven that it's garbage. If it was the Duma, I would wholeheartedly admit it was the duma. But I know it's not.

Oh, I wasn't taking shots on you buddy, I apologize if it came out that way. I was just sharing my experience with lag comp in general. I hope you get your line situated.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I deeply apologize for such the long wait. Here's whats going on as of right now.

I replaced the modem with a TC 7620 or whatever the hell its called. Great internet, seemed like the line quality issue was fixed because whenever I went to DSLReports, it was consistent results with no bs like before. A+ bufferbloat and A quality, BUT..... heres the catch.

When I tested the other part of it, by going into the actual results, it showed that I had a bigger problem here. The ping was absolutely insane. We went from consistent low ping with bad consistency with the modem, right to great consistency with the modem bufferbloat wise, but ended up with horrible ping to where ping plotter says its bad, netduma says its bad in game, and DSLReports says that Idle lag is horrendous depending on where I put the sliders, but majority of the time, it's the idle lag.

So now I'm really starting to think that it's a line problem like we all said a month ago. I will try to get the results on here to show you. But from what I'm saying right now, this DEFINITELY sounds like a line problem, correct?

• Netduma Staff

Hey guys, I deeply apologize for such the long wait. Here's whats going on as of right now.

I replaced the modem with a TC 7620 or whatever the hell its called. Great internet, seemed like the line quality issue was fixed because whenever I went to DSLReports, it was consistent results with no bs like before. A+ bufferbloat and A quality, BUT..... heres the catch.

When I tested the other part of it, by going into the actual results, it showed that I had a bigger problem here. The ping was absolutely insane. We went from consistent low ping with bad consistency with the modem, right to great consistency with the modem bufferbloat wise, but ended up with horrible ping to where ping plotter says its bad, netduma says its bad in game, and DSLReports says that Idle lag is horrendous depending on where I put the sliders, but majority of the time, it's the idle lag.

So now I'm really starting to think that it's a line problem like we all said a month ago. I will try to get the results on here to show you. But from what I'm saying right now, this DEFINITELY sounds like a line problem, correct?

I'll reply to the thread you created and lock this one since it's been inactive for a while.