Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ps4 PPPoE can’t obtain an IP address

Ps4 PPPoE IP address

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Stobbart

Stobbart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Local time: 11:19 PM
Hello everyone! I usually used a PPPoE configuration on my PS4 on my ISP router to get NAT type 1. Now with my Netduma I can’t obtain an IP address with the same configuration. If I set automatic LAN settings the console can connect to the internet but with NAT 2. Do someone know how to solve this issue?

Zennon

Zennon

Forum Legend

• Administrators
  • 6,405 posts
  • Local time: 10:19 PM
  • LocationUK

NAT 2 is correct, open NAT behind a router.

Stobbart

Stobbart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

NAT 2 is correct, open NAT behind a router.

Ok, but I usually get nat 1 type on Lan with PPPoE config...

RedBull2k

RedBull2k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

nat type 1 usually means modem > device (this device has the wan ip)

nat type 2 usually means modem>router> devices  (all devices have an internal ip)

I don't know how you would get nat type 1 on lan, can you check your ip on console i think you will find you have the wan ip. which means your not type is correct as Zennon has said.

3935489.png

Congestion Control on 97% download and upload

IP Profile for your line is - 77.42 Mbps from btw performance test

HG612 and Netduma No DMZ Method

Stobbart

Stobbart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thanks you both for the quick replies! I'm not good as you with this stuff but what I know is that with my ISP router I can connect setting username and password on PPPoE options instead I can't do the same on Netduma, because if I set same configuration the test will fail because PS4 can't obtain IP address. When I had the nat type 1 ( even if that wasn't "truly" type 1) I could play with no issues, so I would like to play with the same configuration on my Netduma.

RedBull2k

RedBull2k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

what modem/router do you have?

3935489.png

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • LocationNear Manchester

the only way I am aware of to get nat type 1 is to connect via pppoe login on the ps4 that is DIRECTLY connected to a modem (not a router) I can get a nat type 1 if i connect via pppoe to my openreach modem.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,550 posts

Thanks you both for the quick replies! I'm not good as you with this stuff but what I know is that with my ISP router I can connect setting username and password on PPPoE options instead I can't do the same on Netduma, because if I set same configuration the test will fail because PS4 can't obtain IP address. When I had the nat type 1 ( even if that wasn't "truly" type 1) I could play with no issues, so I would like to play with the same configuration on my Netduma.

Could you let us know what modem / router you have? NAT type 2 should be perfectly fine to game on; it's no more restrictive than NAT type 1. What differences do you see on type 2?

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Stobbart

Stobbart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Could you let us know what modem / router you have? NAT type 2 should be perfectly fine to game on; it's no more restrictive than NAT type 1. What differences do you see on type 2?

After some hour of gaming I can say that Nat type 2 doesn't give me any problem. The first time I had connection issues so I thought it was due to NAT 2.
Anyway my router is the Technicolor that my ISP (TIM Fiber) gave me and with that I could have Nat type 1 with PPPoE settings.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,550 posts

After some hour of gaming I can say that Nat type 2 doesn't give me any problem. The first time I had connection issues so I thought it was due to NAT 2.
Anyway my router is the Technicolor that my ISP (TIM Fiber) gave me and with that I could have Nat type 1 with PPPoE settings.

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying that. NAT type 2 will never cause you issues, it's in fact the NAT type every gamer using a router should have. If you have issues, how are they presenting themselves? Are you getting bad gameplay trouble connecting to the Internet?

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Stobbart

Stobbart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I figured out that netduma doesn’t save my settings and my ps4 and Xbox one are listed as unnamed device or nameless device. What could be the problem?

RedBull2k

RedBull2k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

reset netduma in settings and try again, or manually name it

3935489.png

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,550 posts

I figured out that netduma doesn’t save my settings and my ps4 and Xbox one are listed as unnamed device or nameless device. What could be the problem?

Ah you'll need to tick 'enable cookies' in Miscellaneous settings. Once you've done that, change your settings to the way you like it and do a reboot from Miscellaneous settings. Your settings will now be saved.

Technical support:

Stobbart

Stobbart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Ah you'll need to tick 'enable cookies' in Miscellaneous settings. Once you've done that, change your settings to the way you like it and do a reboot from Miscellaneous settings. Your settings will now be saved.

thanks, that worked! Does anyone know why I can’t connect anymore setting PPPoE? It’s just a curiosity. On ISP router it works, on NETDUMA can’t obtain IP address.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 1,550 posts

thanks, that worked! Does anyone know why I can’t connect anymore setting PPPoE? It’s just a curiosity. On ISP router it works, on NETDUMA can’t obtain IP address.

Are you trying to put PPPoE into the Netduma when you're already using PPPoE on your ISP router? If everything is working correctly, it is likely that you won't need to touch anything to do with PPPoE.

Technical support:

Stobbart

Stobbart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Are you trying to put PPPoE into the Netduma when you're already using PPPoE on your ISP router? If everything is working correctly, it is likely that you won't need to touch anything to do with PPPoE.

I didn’t change anything on Netduma, I just set PPPoE on PS4

RedBull2k

RedBull2k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

you cant connect your PS4 using PPPoE while using NETDUMA, the NETDUMA does not support "PPPoE Relay" and if it did i doubt the netduma would be able to work as intended.

3935489.png

Stobbart

Stobbart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

you cant connect your PS4 using PPPoE while using NETDUMA, the NETDUMA does not support "PPPoE Relay" and if it did i doubt the netduma would be able to work as intended.

are you sure? I’ve seen PPPoE settings on NetDuma, what are they for?

RedBull2k

RedBull2k

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

im sure 100% and the PPPoE in netduma is for you to input your details, but you said this doesnt work, so something is wrong and that needs to be sorted.

3935489.png

BENORMOUS

BENORMOUS

Forum Legend

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
If you wanna use PPPoE you should have your modem first in line then the netduma plugged into the modem and PPPoE isp login details input into the netduma,who is your isp?have you got the correct login details?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ps4, PPPoE, IP, address

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users