destiny down for maint

destiny servers are down while they change the hamsters that run the servers , hopefully this will sort the problems connecting that have cropped up over the last 24hrs , but knowing bungle it will create more problems as its i think a 2 hour down time , earlier i got kicked by a padlocked server in japan ffs . 

any news on a cloud update for destiny ?.

• Administrators

Hey, I've been super busy on DumaOS (as you may have noticed as Jack is doing the day to day tech support). I can't say when I'll be able to get a cloud out but as soon as I have a bit more time I'll get on it. Meanwhile please provide any padlocked servers you encounter that cause booting with strict off.

after the maint the padlock had gone , i kind of figured it would as destiny had been having issues just before , there has been another oddity the geo filter showed a host in antartica ha ha ha , i instantly had a mental picture of some one sat there wailing about not finding any games lol

• Netduma Staff

after the maint the padlock had gone , i kind of figured it would as destiny had been having issues just before , there has been another oddity the geo filter showed a host in antartica ha ha ha , i instantly had a mental picture of some one sat there wailing about not finding any games lol

Haha! Those Antarctica dedi's be dench man.

Stuff showing up in Antarctica has an unknown location, so shows up there by default. If you give us those ID's we can re-locate them in the next cloud update :)

Hopefully once DumaOS is rolling and stable we can do more game testing in-studio and get more cloud updates out for you guys.

updated the cloud last night and hit update , knowing that it can take a few goes i updated it again this morning (05:30) then went to work tryied again still getting booted , enabled clouds still getting booted , ill try again tomorrow but i got these ids which i think are different from the others maybe a hub with a raft of servers ?.

ID: 1036b37ed3af585d    Distance: 1402km europe
ID: e334a772d1823439    Distance: 5093km east coast usa
ID: bb346b36d15a5459    Distance: 7160km west coast usa

im expecting an irish server to pop up next.

went on for about an hour tonight with clouds enabled , didnt get kicked but got 2 ids

ID: 0c36531ed3ab585d    Distance: 1402km

ID: e334a772d1823439    Distance: 5093km

both of these were from padlocked servers , but i thought the first one had been added ?

• Administrators

You'll probably get similar IDs but they won't be the same IP but it'll be close so I probably added a similar one in the past. 

It's on bleeding edge cloud now, please allow roughly 4 hours for it to propagate