speeds? again

• Netduma Staff

my netduma gets me like 50 and comcast gets 100..why?

Welcome to the forum! Could you try out these settings and see how they work out for you:

- 1000km Distance
- 0 Ping Assist
- Strict Mode On (Off if playing Destiny)
- Reactive Algorithm
- 70% anti-flood
- Put your device in Hyper Traffic (in Congestion Control)
- Share excess enabled
- Reset device prioritisation & apply
- Enable UPnP and remove any Port Forwarding rules
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Try enabling turbo mode if the other settings don't increase your speeds
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
- Do an Internet Diagnosis test

Did you check out the guide PollutionBlues linked you?

• Netduma Staff

yes reactive...anti at 70% deep packet off..wifi off...hyper is on ps4 ip....no other devices connected...geo filter is one bump up from my location and ping is on 0

So if you run a wired speed test on a PC through your Netduma, what do you get? And if you run an Internet Diagnosis test, what does it say?

Also set your Anti-flood to 100/100 for speeds, my bad - use 70/70 when you're gaming.

so i should not use 100 anti when gaming? only to run speed test? i dont want to just see the number then have to change it to 70 to game

When you put your gaming settings in place (70%) then your speeds will be lower. This is the buffer that stops spikes in your ping caused by local congestion.

so i should not use 100 anti when gaming? only to run speed test? i dont want to just see the number then have to change it to 70 to game

70% when gaming. That's how you negate the spikes in your ping that are caused by local congestion.

so if i only have one device connected to my duma and wifi tunred off on it could i run at 100% without issue?

If you only have one of your devices connected to the Netduma then your anti-flood won't work.

edit - just noticed you mentioned turning wifi off.

That defeats the purpose completely but you can try that if you want.

• Netduma Staff

i dont use it for wifi i have a 5ghz acess point so wifi is off on duma. so my anti flood % doesnt matter then?

Anti-flood is made to eliminate lag caused by local congestion, so it works when there's more than one device connected to the Netduma. If you've got an access point connected to the Netduma (with wireless devices on it) as well as your PS4 wired in, it will work. If you did literally have one device in your house, and that device was connected to the Netduma, then Anti-flood wouldn't have to do anything.

Your setup should always be Modem > Netduma > ALL other devices. So long as that is the case the Netduma congestion control will function correctly :)

After ColonicBoom's suggestions, what are your speeds like?

95 down and 12 up now wired with wifi off and flood on 100. so should i back the anti flood off to 70 now since i am using a asus gateway for wifi? and also if i unplug the access point while gaming can i run it on 100 or will it not make a difference because the netduma is the only object at that point?

• Netduma Staff

95 down and 12 up now wired with wifi off and flood on 100. so should i back the anti flood off to 70 now since i am using a asus gateway for wifi? and also if i unplug the access point while gaming can i run it on 100 or will it not make a difference because the netduma is the only object at that point?

That's great that you're getting good speeds now - it is normal to lose a tiny amount of speed when running through another router since it's not a lab setting, everyone's connection is different. You could probably afford to just keep the Anti-flood on 70/70 to be honest - if you're a gamer you will definitely get better results that way. You won't be experiencing enough local congestion with your setup for it to be vital though.