Ping gets high whenever there are others

SM961

I am about now for 30 mins before I have to leave if you would like me to have a look via team viewer.

I will be back around 1pm GMT.

That's when I leave for work. 

This is a direct connection. Idle.

post-7131-0-81118800-1500297399_thumb.png

Can anybody tell me what the red lines mean? This is Preemptive @ 70 both ways.

Those red lines are packet loss. Same happens when i set my connection to preemptive with 70/70. No packet loss with reactive with same CC. You can run a ping command through the command prompt or terminal in Mac and have continuous ping running and u will see the packet loss with the pre_emptive 70/70 happen. Doesn't seem to play nice with cable here in California. But reactive is fine.

Those red lines are packet loss. Same happens when i set my connection to preemptive with 70/70. No packet loss with reactive with same CC. You can run a ping command through the command prompt or terminal in Mac and have continuous ping running and u will see the packet loss with the pre_emptive 70/70 happen. Doesn't seem to play nice with cable here in California. But reactive is fine.

Hmmm okay, but if I set CC at 30/20 I don't have packet loss.  Thanks for the info.

post-7131-0-78725600-1500420037_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Change the interval to 2.5 and test again :)

Tech is coming today, upload speed is shit :). I'm not getting the full speed of 10,  right now is a 4. DL seems fine. I don't even Know when it started so maybe that could explain some of my issues, I don't know. Anyways I will keep you post it. Thanks everyone for your help. :D Tech I spoke on the phone today he said there is a breakage on my line. But before that, I tried the self-diagnosed computer test and it said that everything was fine it couldn't find anything wrong with my internet.

Hopefully your getting / got your issues straightened out

Let us know how you make out and I'm curious as to what the tech said he found or didn't find.

Hopefully your getting / got your issues straightened out

Let us know how you make out and I'm curious as to what the tech said he found or didn't find.

Well, he checked the history of my signal levels and said they're good he also said that the TP-LINK modem signal levels I'm using is better than what they are currently giving to customers. He installed a splitting of-3.5 to make the DL lower and keep the UL levels the same. I'm guessing that my DL levels were to blame for the UL levels going crazy.

He installed a splitting of-3.5 to make the DL lower and keep the UL levels the same.

You can't effect the downstream levels without also effecting the upstream. That's definitely NOT the right way to fix the problem lol

You can't effect the downstream levels without also effecting the upstream. That's definitely NOT the right way to fix the problem lol

He actually did not fix anything by the time he came to my home the signals levels were normal, he did installed a splitter to bring the DL down a bit and I think he said that the UL went up a bit.

post-7131-0-97915000-1501544297_thumb.jpg

He actually did not fix anything by the time he came to my home the signals levels were normal, he did installed a splitter to bring the DL down a bit and I think he said that the UL went up a bit.

The only thing I can tell you is I was having spikes up to 1000ms no matter what I did, it was an issue outside my house deep into the ISP network that needed to be fixed. I had no control over it besides complaining so much to whoever I could get in contact with that they finally gave in and fixed whatever needed to be fixed for my neighborhood. This issue was affecting about 300 homes.

The only thing I can tell you is I was having spikes up to 1000ms no matter what I did, it was an issue outside my house deep into the ISP network that needed to be fixed. I had no control over it besides complaining so much to whoever I could get in contact with that they finally gave in and fixed whatever needed to be fixed for my neighborhood. This issue was affecting about 300 homes.

I'm going to wait to see if I see any changes.