Need help with Destiny Config

I already try Chive's tutorial step to step but sadly does not work for me. Its a great tutorial and very helpful but again, i dont know why does not work. I already did everything and i have the same issues, conects me with US players that melts me in a second. Pretty unplayalbe. Im from Ecuador and i want to know if is possible to connect only with southamerican players.

Any help would be apreciated. Heres the link of the same topic i posted by mystake in a wrong forum:    http://forum.netduma.com/topic/21553-help-with-best-settings-for-destiny/?do=findComment&comment=153684

• Netduma Staff

I guess in your situation it's a question of minimising the issue of having no servers nearby. What's your base ping and your average ping in-game? Do you get spikes / jitter / packet loss on your line that could be making it worse for you?

Unfortunately we're all subject to the net code of the game - in the case of Destiny for you, it looks like they've not set up a nation-specific player pool for South American players, so you connect to North American players all the time. I'm guessing that's due to a lack of Destiny players in South America but I could be wrong. If you disable the Geo-filter I imagine you get worse games from even further away? Would you mind posting a few screenshots of your Geo-filter map in-game so we can get a feel for how far away they are?

I guess in your situation it's a question of minimising the issue of having no servers nearby. What's your base ping and your average ping in-game? Do you get spikes / jitter / packet loss on your line that could be making it worse for you?

Unfortunately we're all subject to the net code of the game - in the case of Destiny for you, it looks like they've not set up a nation-specific player pool for South American players, so you connect to North American players all the time. I'm guessing that's due to a lack of Destiny players in South America but I could be wrong. If you disable the Geo-filter I imagine you get worse games from even further away? Would you mind posting a few screenshots of your Geo-filter map in-game so we can get a feel for how far away they are?

Acctually theres a lot of people playing Destiny from southamerica. Im adding pics with internet diagnostics and base ping thought cmd. in the "fig 1" i set the geo-filter in all the area of southamerica, found players from Brazil and Argentina. In "fig 2" i set my actual location on Ecaudor and i expand the geo filter to cover some parts of the US but mostly East coast. UPDATE: now everytime i tried to join a game message BEAVER appears again.

post-8404-0-03152400-1499802094_thumb.png

post-8404-0-24967600-1499802096_thumb.png

post-8404-0-78842600-1499802099_thumb.png

post-8404-0-98924000-1499802102_thumb.png

• Netduma Staff

Try pinging a more local server to you - 8.8.8.8 (Google) is based in North America, so it'll get you a really high ping anyway. Try doing a standard speed test at speedtest.net and see what ping that gives. Whatever base ping you receive from that speed test will be a more accurate base ping, and you won't get a game below that.

You could try this, though you might get booted a lot but the ping should be better in theory: try setting the distance to 1500km - 2000km with strict on and PA at 0.

Try pinging a more local server to you - 8.8.8.8 (Google) is based in North America, so it'll get you a really high ping anyway. Try doing a standard speed test at speedtest.net and see what ping that gives. Whatever base ping you receive from that speed test will be a more accurate base ping, and you won't get a game below that.

You could try this, though you might get booted a lot but the ping should be better in theory: try setting the distance to 1500km - 2000km with strict on and PA at 0.

14 ms and max 20 ms with local Servers. Still getting Code: Beaber with those settings.

post-8404-0-76394800-1499882443_thumb.png

post-8404-0-79948700-1499882501_thumb.png