Netduma new user - so confused

Hi,

I am a new user to netduma after reading all the great review about lag reduction in games. Being a avid 30 yr old gamer (when work and family permits) I was Experiencing a bit of lag, more recently with cod iw with those very annoying symbols on the left hand side.

I have the 200mb virgin package but more realistic get about 95 down and 25 up. I bought the netduma and followed the steps and guide provided including putting my virgin super hub into modem mode. One note though is due to the house layout I have to use the netduma to Xbox one wirelessly rather than wired, however the latency from the router to the Xbox one, was more than manageable (about 40ms). I then applied the settings that are advised by netduma. However I noticed I was still getting the lag, more than usual. After extensive research on google, netduma forums and youtube (mainly sims and some other guy I can't recall) I went on dsl reports to do some testing. I got my 'buffer bloat' down to a B (best I could get it) by lowering my congestion control levels to 70/70 as suggested. I tried all the permutations I could think of and 15/20 gave me a buffer bloat of A but the rest D's.

I then ran a speed test and I was getting 25 down and 4 up. I then ran cod iw and played a couple of games and the lag experienced made it unplayable. I have tried prioritisation for my Xbox and without and have tried turning on share excess and off. I don't actually know what else to do other than switch back to the virgin super hub and return the netduma (which I don't want to do). I am 80% sure this is probably my error, not netdumas and something simple but I can't seem to get my head around it. I can upload whatever you need to, wether it be screenshots or test results etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

As MoD BoX says, it's unlikely you'll have a satisfactory experience gaming over wifi. It's pretty much guaranteed to lag whatever you do.

Also, if you're testing your bufferbloat over wifi then your results will likely be all over the place.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You've got some advice already but if you could provide the screenshots asked for here that would help us best advise: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022425-lag-support-instructions-to-post-on-the-forum-