Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Suggestion for a feature in the new OS

#netduma #newos suggestion vpn

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

azleb

azleb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Local time: 07:54 AM

Hi Netduma Team

I was thinking of a feature that would be great for the new OS. I live it Australia and want to watch Netflix US. I have nothing but issues getting it working so here are a couple ideas that would help fix it.

*VPN profile selector. --  Most sites have multiple servers to connect to. Having the ability to save the profiles and switch would be awesome. 

VPN speed test -- Having the ability to test what server is running the best. I run the VPN on my TV so I cant actually see what speeds it running at. Having it inbuilt would save so much time. 

Having this features alone I think would sell a bundle in Australia or anyplace that cant get Netflix US. 

Anyway just had a couple ideas thanks for listening. You guys rock!

pollutionblues

pollutionblues

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Local time: 11:24 PM
  • LocationOuter Hebrides
I think that using a VPN to circumvent Netflix geo-location is against the Netflix T&C's so I doubt Netduma would want to implement a system for this purpose.

I don't use VPN myself so I don't know if a VPN speed test would be possible. I'm sure someone with more knowledge of VPN could advise on this.
The family that slays together stays together

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 15,574 posts
  • Local time: 11:24 PM

Those are some good ideas and we will be redoing the VPN feature, will probably be something for after launch. 

In terms of Netflix they did update their policy that VPNs aren't allowed to get around region filters

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

azleb

azleb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Local time: 07:54 AM

Thanks for the feedback Fraser. Cant wait to see it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #netduma, #newos, suggestion, vpn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users