Issue with wired connection

Hey Guys,

I have a issue when I connect my PS4 to my Duma with an ethernet cable.

I ran a few speed tests on my PS4 (I know they are not the most accurate) but I noticed something odd.

My results: 

Wireless Connection (ISP Hub): 21,1 mbps up, 3,5 bps down

Wired Connection (ISP Hub): 46,3 mbps up, 5,8 mbps down

Wireless Connection (Netduma): 18 mbps up, 86,5 kbps down

Wired Connection (Netduma): 706,1 kbps up, 69,3 kbps down

(I have a 50/10 package from my provider)

So as you can see, with a wired connection directly to my ISP Hub I nearly get full speed.

But when I build a wired connection to my Duma it slows down to 706,1 up !!!!!!

I also tried a speedtest with my console on a wired Duma connection (I used the download speed test from testmy.net). I got a result of 14 kbps !!!!!

So something is terribly wrong here. I already checked most of the other threads about this problem and corrected all my settings. But still nothing changed.

Can somebody help me?

Ok I did a few test on speedtest.net on my wired laptop and I got alot of different results (sometiomes I got 7 mbps, sometimes 0,8 mbps as donload rate) My upload rates was down all the time (the highest result was 0,30 mbps)

So, whats wrong with my wired connection?

Also another question. My ISP Hub has no DMZ function or Bridge Mode. Could the Hub cause the problems? And is it possible to open the ports of the Netduma?  (I mean to type in a Port forwarding rule in the ISP Hub with all the ports of the netduma)

Would that be possible or could that help?

• Administrators
Just check these settings for speeds:
  • Preemptive or Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

Try some other ethernet cables if possible, replace the ethernet cable connecting the R1 to the hub if possible. 

I would disable WiFi on the hub, disable UPnP as well. Then port forward 1-65535 TCP/UDP to the Netduma.

Already tried all the setting you mentioned above. I also changed ethernet cables (they can handle my speeds too)

UPnP is disabled already, diabling the Wifi on the ISP Hub didnt change a thing.

I tried a wirde speedest on my PC, still gives me speeds under 1mbps. What could cause this ?

I mean this is the problem right there, the slow speeds with the ethernet cable. When i can fix this, i am good to go.

Sadly I cant open all the mentioned ports, when I try to apply the port forwarding rule my ISP Hub is telling me that the ports are already used for intern services. (my router is the Speedport W 723V)

• Administrators

If you remove the existing port forwarding rules then create the rule for the R1 you should be good to go. It could be a port issue but unlikely. If it doesn't work we can do a 1 on 1 and I can have a look when I'm free.