Nat Type Changing on Xbox One

Hi, so i have my netduma in my routers DMZ and i usually dont have nat issues but lately i have been. Sometimes when i turn on my xbox one my nat is open, but it also says strict a good amount of the time. when i test multiplayer connection and do the bumer + trigger trick it says "your network is behind a port-preserving port-symmetric nat". also on games such as call of duty it says my nat is moderate sometimes. so basically my nat is all over the place. any ideas on how to get it to stay stable on open? 

• Administrators

Make sure you disable UPnP & port forwarding on the upstream router. On the R1 make sure you're only using UPnP OR port forwarding not both & disable UPnP forwarding in miscellaneous settings. Disable the Geo-filter & boot up the console/game without it on, enable before searching.

I was having a few problems at first, one day my nat was open and the next it was moderate and no amount of reboots of my Xbox One, R1 & my SH3(in modem mode) would change it back to open. After going through all settings i was lost, if i had hair i would have pulled it out, so i reset everything and started again got open nat was playing happily, the next day back to moderate again! Quite a few expletives were summoned and dispensed it was only then i noticed i had left the geo filter enabled for my Xbox One when i closed everything down the night before, so i unticked it and rebooted everything and yay open nat.

Since then i always make sure to untick enabled before i close down and always every morning since Xbox One is open nat straight away...

• Administrators

I was having a few problems at first, one day my nat was open and the next it was moderate and no amount of reboots of my Xbox One, R1 & my SH3(in modem mode) would change it back to open. After going through all settings i was lost, if i had hair i would have pulled it out, so i reset everything and started again got open nat was playing happily, the next day back to moderate again! Quite a few expletives were summoned and dispensed it was only then i noticed i had left the geo filter enabled for my Xbox One when i closed everything down the night before, so i unticked it and rebooted everything and yay open nat.

Since then i always make sure to untick enabled before i close down and always every morning since Xbox One is open nat straight away...

Great tip! Do you see anything being blocked on the Geo-filter if you have left it enabled when booting up? If so please provide us with the ID.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had an R1 for a long time now and the Nat Type hasnt bothered me too much until lately when we was stopping me from playing with friends on Rainbow six and ive tried everything to open my Nat I did the DMZ thing on my NetGear i turned of Geo filtering on my xbox one my upnp forwarding is also disabled and when i did the bumber trick on my xbox it tells me my network is behind a port symmetric nat   

• Administrators

If you're having trouble playing with friends make sure you've added them to your allow list.

• Hard turn off the console
  • Disable Geo-filter on Duma
  • Hub in modem mode or R1 WAN IP from device manager into the DMZ on hub
  • UPnP & port forwarding disabled on the hub
  • UPnP OR port forwarding enabled on the Duma, not both
  • UPnP forwarding disabled in Duma miscellaneous settings
  • Boot up console - check network settings - should be open or NAT Type 2 (open)
  • Boot up game - should be open