U-verse (Pace 5031NV) bridged Netduma, bridged Google Wifi

jsimko_cgc

greetings.

have a U-verse Pace modem utilising the DMZ pinhole option simulating a formal bridge to the Netduma which did take the U-verse public IP as its WAN IP. from there wifi disabled on the netduma and a google wifi router handles the wireless but set in bridge mode so all clients get IPs and managed by netduma.

all good so far... however what do I set the for the google wifi in terms of prioritization under congestion control?? its listed along with the other devices that are connected to it and has me so confused as to what to do with that.

lastly I only have one gaming console in the house (xbox one) and no gaming pcs... the rest of the lot are just phones, ipads, couple laptops all doing the wireless gig. the only thing hardwired is the netduma to the the pace and the google wifi to the netduma. any other optimization tips I should be aware of in this setup? gracias.

never mind... this won't work. the netduma can't discern the wireless router from the other devices in bridge mode. unfortunately, I can't hard wire the gaming console so its either I use the limited 2.4ghz wireless on the netduma and forsake the google router, or prioritise the xbox within the google router. sucks.

if anyone has an alternative idea lemme know. thanks.

• Administrators

If you set the Google router to AP mode the Netduma will be able to identify the devices connected to the Google router as individual devices in device manager so you could prioritise each accordingly.

• 3 weeks later...

yes, I have done this. unfortnately it sees the google AP also as a device to be prioritize. regardless after toying with the various settings for a couple of weeks now I can safely say that the Netduma wasn't worth the money in my particular setup. I still have roughly the same in game experiences as before however in all fairness this likely due to a pure wireless setup to the console.

Likely I'm going to rip out the Netduma and fly with the Google AP, but not sure what Amazon's return policy is on the NetD. Otherwise it'll likely collect dust or resell it. Pretty interface though.

• Netduma Staff

yes, I have done this. unfortnately it sees the google AP also as a device to be prioritize. regardless after toying with the various settings for a couple of weeks now I can safely say that the Netduma wasn't worth the money in my particular setup. I still have roughly the same in game experiences as before however in all fairness this likely due to a pure wireless setup to the console.

Likely I'm going to rip out the Netduma and fly with the Google AP, but not sure what Amazon's return policy is on the NetD. Otherwise it'll likely collect dust or resell it. Pretty interface though.

If you're within your 30 days you could likely return your Netduma if you're sure you don't want it. We do guarantee the best possible connection for matchmaking P2P games though - what games in particular did you want to use the Netduma with? We could help you out with your settings if you'd like. It's unfortunate that you can't have a wired console connection since this is always recommended. Let us know your decision - we will gladly help you with your settings and to get the most out of your Netduma should you choose to keep it.