Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

U-verse (Pace 5031NV) bridged Netduma, bridged Google Wifi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

jsimko_cgc

jsimko_cgc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 07:06 AM

greetings.

have a U-verse Pace modem utilising the DMZ pinhole option simulating a formal bridge to the Netduma which did take the U-verse public IP as its WAN IP. from there wifi disabled on the netduma and a google wifi router handles the wireless but set in bridge mode so all clients get IPs and managed by netduma.

all good so far... however what do I set the for the google wifi in terms of prioritization under congestion control?? its listed along with the other devices that are connected to it and has me so confused as to what to do with that.

lastly I only have one gaming console in the house (xbox one) and no gaming pcs... the rest of the lot are just phones, ipads, couple laptops all doing the wireless gig. the only thing hardwired is the netduma to the the pace and the google wifi to the netduma. any other optimization tips I should be aware of in this setup? gracias.

jsimko_cgc

jsimko_cgc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 07:06 AM

never mind... this won't work. the netduma can't discern the wireless router from the other devices in bridge mode. unfortunately, I can't hard wire the gaming console so its either I use the limited 2.4ghz wireless on the netduma and forsake the google router, or prioritise the xbox within the google router. sucks.

if anyone has an alternative idea lemme know. thanks.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 14,626 posts
  • Local time: 03:06 PM

If you set the Google router to AP mode the Netduma will be able to identify the devices connected to the Google router as individual devices in device manager so you could prioritise each accordingly.

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users