PS4 and XB1 Playing Simultaneously, But Both Are Extremely jittery.

EldestTheGreat

So my girlfriend and I play BO3 on 2 consoles, the PS4 and XB1. Both are hardwired. Both have an open NAT with UPNP enabled. I've tried spilting the bandwidth 50/50 with share excess enabled so our phones could at least be on the WiFi but idle. It's very weird because if I sit at the main menu and watch her play. Her connection looks like the Mark of J, but as soon as I begin to play, the jitter returns. Now, I have the sliders to 70% and Hyper traffic off for both as putting either one in it made it worse for both. Nothing has helped. There's no reason for spikes at all as no one uses the Internet except for her. Line quality is an A with a BB of A too. Not to mention a 6ms ping to my ISP. Is there some way to fix this other than using my ethernet hub and spilting the connection off to just strictly 2 devices? Because I tried that and it worked perfectly fine. Thanks in advance, gentlemen!

Are you running just the duma or are you running 2 routers...the duma and then the second router as an access point ?

And how is your network set up...wall > modem > duma > AP router...etc ?

As Fraser said everything has to be running thru the duma for the CC to work and get all the features the duma has to offer.

Both consoles are hardwired via Cat 7 and Cat 6 ethernet cords. I have a stand alone SB 6183 cable modem which is then connected to the Netduma. I have the congestion isn't the problem as it was only usin 1% of the download cap and even less on the upload. I'm not sure what the issue is. The NAT reads open on both but I'm convinced that's a false NAT. The console NAT itself is open however. But it doesn't feel right. I have moved the slider around from 30-70% to see if congestion was indeed the issue, it was not (later confirmed by monitoring the network) Port forwarding is also a non factor. Now, I did notice UPNP had the same ports forwarded twice to the different consoles. This is probably why we both had an open NAT? But this might be causing a conflict? Personally, I've played on Moderate or Open so that doesn't matter but the stuttering, delayed hit markers, that's something that irks me. I don't think it's the server either. It's a dedicated server roughly 468 miles away at 21 ms. Sadly, it's the closest one to me and also the fastest. (Not exactly a fan or dedicated servers because of my "remote" location) I could have a warrior ping with my internet if only I lived in a different state. Sigh. But I'll try clearing the UPNP, turning on one device at a time, loading BO3, and just going from there.

• Administrators

UPnP shouldn't be an issue, if you look it will be using different inbound/outbound ports so there shouldn't be a conflict. So basically everything seems good, low ping, no congestion, open NATs but it's still stuttering. I can't really explain that, it should be absolutely fine. Try out your idea and let us know.

• 2 weeks later...

The SB6183 has EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet). 

The Netduma does not work well with any modem that has EEE. 

I've tried the SB6183 before and I couldn't use it. 

The Netduma folks tried to fix the EEE bug but they couldn't solve it. 

I would suggest getting a different modem, preferably one without the Puma 6 chipset and without EEE.

Do some searches on these forums and you'll find posts on these issues.  

• 3 weeks later...

The SB6183 has EEE (Energy Efficient Ethernet).

The Netduma does not work well with any modem that has EEE.

I've tried the SB6183 before and I couldn't use it.

The Netduma folks tried to fix the EEE bug but they couldn't solve it.

I would suggest getting a different modem, preferably one without the Puma 6 chipset and without EEE.

Do some searches on these forums and you'll find posts on these issues.

EEE on the 6183 is not enabled by default so that should not be his issue(unless of course he specifically stated that he enabled the EEE functionality)

it might be his isp? but he did say that it worked fine when connected to a switch, but that doesn't make any sense.. she has modem-> netduma-> consoles . This should work well

I have a stand alone SB 6183 cable modem

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Certified-Comcast-Cablevision-TC-7610-E/dp/B01CH8ZNJ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500250187&sr=8-1&keywords=tc-7610

Problem solved.

If you don't believe it, test it with this:

http://www.dslreports.com/tools/puma6

You can also make sure it's not your cable line by running a test with this:

https://www.dslreports.com/smokeping

Noo, stop it there is no need to buy another modem. 6183 is one of the most reliable modems, that tp link is a step down.plus I heard it has problems with restarting itself and being down often. his modem is fine guys

Noo, stop it there is no need to buy another modem. 6183 is one of the most reliable modems, that tp link is a step down.plus I heard it has problems with restarting itself and being down often. his modem is fine guys

...Yeah... No lol

So there is an issue with the Duma and sb6183?? this is sort of the first I'm hearing it doesn't work well with a router. What is h exact issue with it, and has it been resolved in modemfirmware update and or router firmware update

So there is an issue with the Duma and sb6183?? this is sort of the first I'm hearing it doesn't work well with a router. What is h exact issue with it, and has it been resolved in modemfirmware update and or router firmware update

The modem sucks for gaming, doesn't matter what router is attached to it. Simple as that.