Just moved to Japan. Having troubles setting up.

I just moved to japan. My wife is japanese and has ordered gb internet. The guy came by and installed the fiber. Then my wife says we have to wait on router to come in mail from ISP before getting on internet. I take a look at what the ISP guy did, Theres a modem with a ethernet out on it. My wife doesn't understand this stuff to explain or ask ISP but i told her i have a router i that should work. Long story short. Im on the connection  now with my laptop connected straight to the modem (wired). It will not work with cord going to Netduma R1. I performed reset and not working. Any help is greatly appreciated. The router coming isnt going to do anything different than what my duma will do, right?

Additionally, google site works, it searchs. Netduma site works but some websites im getting the below message:

This site can’t be reached

www.speedtest.net’s server DNS address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Ok, I had to set up ppoe log in info. The TV stream box doesn't like my router though. It won't work going thru router. My wife says the ISP said TV box requires ipv6 to work. I have that box ticked on the router. What gives?

So I have set both lan and wan to ipv6, rebooted, cycled power on all devices and still not getting TV stream box to work. Keep in mind I don't speak much Japanese nor do I read kanji so i cant get much help from the provider and my wife can't help. Any help is appreciated.

Frasers suggestion is correct it is the same here for BT customers that use their streaming service it has to be directly connected to the home hub to work.

Connect it directly to your ISP modem so it can authenticate.

Ok, I got the router.  Connected and stream box working as it should. God forbid i have to go into this japanese router and put into dmz if i get a closed NAT. I wont be gaming just yet. Just tuning. 

my wife tells me she got GB internet. My results are below. I got it up to 75mb down by switching to reactive, normal i think? Plus stream box isnt in the confines of the R1. Is that 3-4ms ping serious? Is that because of having to use the other router or is that correct? The ping then jumps to 5-7ms (so dang high) when i switch to reactive. Is that normal?

http://imgur.com/R0L1AaG

http://imgur.com/YhCBMrv

http://imgur.com/PrWjHjG

http://imgur.com/i6QEBg4

• Administrators

I think we must be looking at different ping results because yours is VERY low & stable so that's fine. If you're talking about wireless speed thats around what I would expect, if wired then thats slow! Follow this for your full speeds:

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Enable turbo mode
  • Enable super turbo mode
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

That was a wired speed test. I thought the ping was very low. Turning off ipv6 on the R1 won't effect my stream box that requires ipv6? Note that The stream box is connected to the ISP router before the R1 so changing ipv6 setting on the R1 will have no effect on that, is that correct? The cable is cat6, ok right?

That is a ping to your closest Google DNS server, is there dedicated servers for say COD, BF, OW etc close by?

I see there is MS Azure Dedi's close.

• Administrators

That was a wired speed test. I thought the ping was very low. Turning off ipv6 on the R1 won't effect my stream box that requires ipv6? Note that The stream box is connected to the ISP router before the R1 so changing ipv6 setting on the R1 will have no effect on that, is that correct? The cable is cat6, ok right?

Correct it won't affect anything upstream. That cable should be fine yes.

I might find out Saturday. I'm almost in Tokyo Tokyo, more specifically im in nakano Tokyo. So I'm REALLY close to the heart of tech in this country. I sold my monitor when I was leaving Texas and planned to buy a newer. I dare not play on a TV. My wife approved for me to by the fastest monitor in japan. Plan to get Saturday, if in stock. So I will be set for gaming. But I will get back to you about the server and my optimizing results.

I got 99 problems but ping aint one. 

http://imgur.com/a/G7qhY

I just got my .05ms input lag monitor and played a few. Those pings are pretty typical thus far. Is that low of a ping normal, is this router reading wrong? I cant say I ever remember seeing anything that low on the internet. I cant say i am taking full advantage of the low ping though. Its been a few months since i played, weapons are inferior, had a few beers so i can blame myself. It feels solid though. 

The building im in is my father in laws, he gave me a good rate for the pent house on the 8th floor. Anyways, he is leasing the 1st two floors to Docomo which provides alot of communication services. The wife and I purchased our phone, tv and gb internet services through them. Im guessing thats why im getting such good ping?

yes, i did have the turbo and super turbo mode enabled and thats the results. I was streaming tv at the time so im blaming that for the low totals. Anyways,i throttled back to 90% to get an A+ bluff bloat.

As a guy who likes to tweak, what am  i to do? can it get better.