Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Understand FIFA 17 Lag

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

tiibor

tiibor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Local time: 04:06 PM

Hi there

I am still suffering from heavy lags, wich are more likely slow downs or some "latency optimization" from EA.

Loos at the trace to my opponent: Yes I know trace is not accurate... but why else should I see such lags all the time when the opponent is close and ping is good or even great?

1498475974-U16852.png

Video from first half:

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Video from second half:

https://youtu.be/7PNmoTkRYpI

Any ideas why I am suffering from this kind of lags?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 14,626 posts
  • Local time: 03:06 PM

Were ALL your pingplotter results due to running multiple tests at the same time? If not that's still the big cause of your lag. As you've said trace is inaccurate so don't use it as a diagnostic tool. What ping are you getting to the game? Do you notice any ping spikes when the stuttering occurs on the game?

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

tiibor

tiibor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Hi Fraser

"Were ALL your pingplotter results due to running multiple tests at the same time?"

So far yes, but I can run more tests if needed.

"If not that's still the big cause of your lag."

Agree if pingplotter was real, this would explain. But would be strange that both fiber lines are lagging.

But I will setup a long time plotter again and ensure just one ping is running at the time. Shall I use twitter.com for this? Or an actual EA Server?

"As you've said trace is inaccurate so don't use it as a diagnostic tool."

But do you agree with me that it's "funny" that it seems always an EA server is involved? For me this could clearly explain some of the lags. That the server is miss located is clear, but for me it's less about where the EA server is "sitting" but more about THAT an EA server is there an having a negative impact on my game, even it is supposed to be P2P.

"What ping are you getting to the game? Do you notice any ping spikes when the stuttering occurs on the game?"

Ping really depends, I've played opponents with 8ms, EA Servers with 30ms. So I would say normally 20-30ms in Season game mode.

If you have had a look on the videos:

You will see stuttering and slow downs, you will never see the "lag indicator" from EA. So really really strange behavior.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 14,626 posts

Yes I would do one ping plotter on it's own, see what it says. You can use Twitter yes. 

The host you had - the one in the picture that you traced is not an EA server, it's just another player. I checked the ID, it's correctly located as well. If that trace is correct then it could be going to an EA server but only for authentication as you are connected to another player. 

Thats a really good ping, is it stable. I am happy to take a look in a 1 on 1 but it sounds like the Netduma is doing it's job so may not be much I can do. 

Post in the 1 on 1 section: http://forum.netduma...request-1-on-1/and I will have a look. Please note I need around a days notice.

Please read this first before making the post: http://forum.netduma...1-on-1-request/

Technical support:

Optimal Settings Guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc. 

FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.

Knowledge Base - Main link to the Knowledge Base, for everything else please search here or on the forum. 

Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

tiibor

tiibor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Hi again

Just played 3 other matched an had the netduma gui open: 17-18ms ping, no peeks during "stuttering", there was once an increase to 50ms during the match, but not during "stutter time". And there was no increase at all in the second match, but again a lot of stuttering, with an 17-18ms ping...

Ping of 18.3, but tracert not finished:

1498501524-U16852.png

I've also on with completed tracert, but I know you do not need the tracert ;-)

So if you like, find the pic here: http://forum.netduma...1579-U16852.png

Video:

"Yes I would do one ping plotter on it's own, see what it says. You can use Twitter yes. "

OK will setup today or tomorrow.

"The host you had - the one in the picture that you traced is not an EA server, it's just another player. I checked the ID, it's correctly located as well. If that trace is correct then it could be going to an EA server but only for authentication as you are connected to another player."

Yes I know that the host is the other player (in P2P), but still it seems that I've heavy lags / stuttering with an 18ms ping. So I assumed that it's maybe caused by the EA Server which is "dong what ever" during the game as well. I think to get this I need to watch a tutorial how to sniff with wireshark or lanc.

"Thats a really good ping, is it stable. I am happy to take a look in a 1 on 1 but it sounds like the Netduma is doing it's job so may not be much I can do. "

Yes the ping is great (or even better) and I agree, the Netduma is doing the job. But I am happy if I can find the real problem behind my lags / stuttering and 

"Post in the 1 on 1 section: http://forum.netduma...request-1-on-1/and I will have a look. Please note I need around a days notice.
Please read this first before making the post: http://forum.netduma...1-on-1-request/"
OK great idea thank you, I will check tomorrow. Working from home tomorrow and on Friday, so I could also do some tests during the day.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 14,626 posts

Okay let me know regarding the ping plotter test & if you want the 1 on 1. I'm not sure what the problem could be other than the game itself. Maybe port forward specifically for FIFA.

Technical support:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users