Ping assist

Would you be able to add into the new firmware a minimum ping assist value feature as well as the max value, e.g if one didnt want to play in servers under 20ms say, they could set a minimum figure for that. Would be good to have control at both ends of the spectrum in my opinion. Bring on the ping is king warriors  :D

• Netduma Staff

Would you be able to add into the new firmware a minimum ping assist value feature as well as the max value, e.g if one didnt want to play in servers under 20ms say, they could set a minimum figure for that. Would be good to have control at both ends of the spectrum in my opinion. Bring on the ping is king warriors  :D

That's an interesting suggestion; out of curiosity, why would you find it useful to set a minimum value? We haven't implemented a feature like this simply because the lower the ping, the better the connection will be. I can't see any real impact this feature could have when gaming, but I'd really love to know why you would like this feature.

I would say it is because in some titles what I like to call ping comp sometimes has a sweet spot where if the lobby has players with a certain amount of variable ping's between them and you have the god ping for that scenario you can walk through people.

But you never know when this scenario will rear its head and you would never be able to predict the god ping number.

• Netduma Staff

I would say it is because in some titles what I like to call ping comp sometimes has a sweet spot where if the lobby has players with a certain amount of variable ping's between them and you have the god ping for that scenario you can walk through people.

But you never know when this scenario will rear its head and you would never be able to predict the god ping number.

Netduma is becoming more like the Da Vinci Code every day. Thanks for the info Z :) is this feature something you would find useful?

Kinda like how on BO3 I could camp a Mid-West server with 60ms ping and play better than a server in my own state with 10ms ping.

As mod box says really, sometimes the low ping servers play worse than the higher pinging ones, so it would be nice to have full control over what you connect to, rather than having to piss about with the geo filter in a certain area, which can have an impact on the matchmaking.