Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DumaOS Update - Recent Progress

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

nico

nico

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Super nouvelle :) :) ne peut plus attendre lol

gazza

gazza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Local time: 08:57 AM

Keep up the hard work fellas!!!!

thegaurdian1

thegaurdian1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Local time: 03:57 AM
  • LocationHaverhill, MA

I want into the Beta PLEASE!  Wish you all continued success!

5766536523.png5661499.png

bbursley

bbursley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

on launch, what features will be on board?
will Anti-Jitter and Anti-Spike be part of it?

Iain said a while ago that they will be ready on launch, but since then there hasnt been any update anymore regarding this

I don't see why it wouldn't be. Heck maybe that alone was a major reason for the delay to Begin with. Can't push out something that doesn't really work as it's supposed to. That and they needed patents and that probably takes time as well.

flexingjohn

flexingjohn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

how do i become a beta tester?as i live in the uk! 

thanks john 

hyperj123

hyperj123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Awesome. Thank you for the update. I will gladly beta test if you want when there is a US east coast roll out. I have a lot of knowledge in the IT industry (12+ years). Let me know :)

7253468875.png

Router66

Router66

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Local time: 07:57 AM

Nice to hear about an update, super excited about this! Looking forward to the beta.

snebbeg

snebbeg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUK

Cant W8 to test Duma OS can i get added to the coal miners?

beam.pro/snebbeg

Monzo

Monzo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Local time: 12:57 AM

This is amazing guys! cant wait to see Duma OS when it finally comes out to the public! I've been praying my a** off for it to come out already since my COD experiences lately are worse. I gave up on IW and MWR so I'm just waiting for you guys to come out with Duma OS so that everything will be fixed :) Hopefully we will know soon when it will be released, dont need an exact date, but to at least know when to expect it to come out. Thank you for everything you guys do!

mitja1980

mitja1980

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Local time: 09:57 AM
  • LocationSlovenia

Please I would like to be a beta tester. I live in EU Slovenia.

I appriciate your hard work keep it up

Vader

Vader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Volunteering for beta testing as im in UK have lots of technical skills to test for bugs and can offer comprehensive feedback. Also i am an early adopter.

Yam Yam

Yam Yam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationThe Black Country

Thanks for the update Ian, much appreciated :) 

Hope the pain has been worth it & good luck on the release B) 

[list][*]PSN: Mikee_Dredd[*][size=4][font='trebuchet ms']

billcline

billcline

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Now that you say it is stable, can you start posting more pictures and details? Maybe even a YouTube video or something.

A long awaited update on DumaOS

We have made a lot of progress over the past few weeks. The OS is currently being beta tested by more of our UK based users and their feedback has been great. Thanks to their testing we have been able to make the OS very stable. This is a big milestone. DumaOS is such a big undertaking so getting to this point, where we know the firmware is solid, is a very good feeling.

Now we have stability we can shift our focus to usability. This means making things as easy as possible to use and much more 'plug and play' than the current R1 firmware. For example, we have developed an 'Auto Congestion Control' feature, which automatically applies Anti-flood and Hyper Traffic whenever you are gaming (this can be turned off by the more experienced users who prefer to manually configure things).

Once usability is in place we can then widen the beta to more users. So this means we will be expanding the beta pool soon through the Coal Mine. Open Beta should then follow not long afterwards. We've deliberately not given exact dates here - it'll be ready when it's ready!

After usability comes the fun stuff, when we can create many new features that we have in our Development Roadmap. We will continue to roll these out on a regular basis even after DumaOS is fully launched, meaning your router will just keep getting better and better.

Finally we just want to say thank you for all your support and patience. We realise it's frustrating when we don't send out status updates so we're going to make sure we do more to keep you guys in the loop. What we will say is be assured we are working as hard as we can to get DumaOS ready. It's a big step up for our company so we want it out there as much as you do. But only when it's ready!

Thank you for your understanding,

The Netduma Team

billcline

billcline

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Silence speaks

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

We realise it's frustrating when we don't send out status updates so we're going to make sure we do more to keep you guys in the loop. 

Now that you say it is stable, can you start posting more pictures and details? Maybe even a YouTube video or something.

Silence speaks

^

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Bozo

Bozo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Local time: 05:57 PM
  • LocationAustralia

Cant wait fellas, keep at it!  B)

thegaurdian1

thegaurdian1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationHaverhill, MA

I love this idea! :D 

5766536523.png5661499.png

Burger100

Burger100

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Thanks for the hard work going on, its much appreciated. Good things come to those who wait. :D

PharmDawgg

PharmDawgg

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationGA-USA

When DumaOS comes out there will be dancing in the street literally.

Buster

Buster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

When it releases 

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users