DumaOS Update - Recent Progress

Thanks very much for the update. Yes, agreed that a plug and play solution is the way to go and the option to have advanced manual controls are also very much appreciated too.

Now.. Back to my idling. Since the more I think about it, the more sad I'll be that it won't be coming early.  :lol: 
Hopefully, this year's Call of Duty will be good and since Destiny will be P2P based, we can finally put the Geo filter to good use.  :wub:

Nice work guys can't wait to try it

Got a question tho.. Will the Antiflood be required if Antispike is in the firmware. Just kinda confused by this

Anyway good stuff :D

Yay finally some positive news on Duma OS. Tbh I haven't used the router for much else besides the QoS part of things because most of the other features just don't offer me a huge enough benefit to mess with them. I can't wait for an automatic qos setting though that will be very beneficial to me. Other than that I can't wait to see what else is to come along with the update and hopefully some bigger improvement vs last os. Not to say it was all that bad at all, because compared to other routers it is alot simpler to use with better software. Only complaint I've ever felt about the netduma is the fact of it being on a bit of weak hardware compared to what's out there these days. That being said the Duma OS will still Trump over many other router manufacturer softwares period.

After usability comes the fun stuff, when we can create many new features that we have in our Development Roadmap. We will continue to roll these out on a regular basis even after DumaOS is fully launched, meaning your router will just keep getting better and better.

on launch, what features will be on board?

will Anti-Jitter and Anti-Spike be part of it?

Iain said a while ago that they will be ready on launch, but since then there hasnt been any update anymore regarding this

I think the new OS will be a great step toward more mass consumption of the product. There are MANY MANY potential users that just want to click a button and know that it's working. I think that has been the primary barrier for entry up to this point and has caused a lot of the confusion and disappointment with some novice users.

I don't know feasible it is but if at some point there are some features that help users diagnose their connection in regards to things the router can't help with (out of their control) it would be pretty cool. As we know the Duma is just one part of creating a good gaming atmosphere.

on launch, what features will be on board?

will Anti-Jitter and Anti-Spike be part of it?

Iain said a while ago that they will be ready on launch, but since then there hasnt been any update anymore regarding this

I don't see why it wouldn't be. Heck maybe that alone was a major reason for the delay to Begin with. Can't push out something that doesn't really work as it's supposed to. That and they needed patents and that probably takes time as well.