TC-7610

SM961

One hasn't been updated yet, that's all... Leave it connected for a while and see if it updates/reboots. Is it new? Have you used it before?

Yes, it's new, the very first one that I had rebooted within few minutes being connected. And also I would get an error during the speed test @ dslreports.

These are with the splitter. just testing with and without the splitter but with the second modem.

Both are fine, but I wouldn't recommend using a splitter to drop the signal level and leaving open ends on the splitter. Then you get all kinds of issues with noise and signal leakage

Yes, it's new, the very first one that I had rebooted within few minutes being connected. And also I would get an error during the speed test @ dslreports.

It rebooted to update, that's normal.

Both are fine, but I wouldn't recommend using a splitter to drop the signal level and leaving open ends on the splitter. Then you get all kinds of issues with noise and signal leakage

Sounds good to me, I'm getting good signal levels with the new modem.

Sounds good to me, I'm getting good signal levels with the new modem.

A rebooting modem is 99% of the time an issue because of bad upstream signal so don't be surprised if it happens again. I'm willing to bet you have an upstream noise problem...

Can you run pingplotter for a day or two on a wired pc and post the results? I'd ping comcast.com

It rebooted to update, that's normal.

That's why I have two now because I thought that there was something wrong with the modem.

A rebooting modem is 99% of the time an issue because of bad upstream signal so don't be surprised if it happens again. I'm willing to bet you have an upstream noise problem...

Can you run pingplotter for a day or two on a wired pc and post the results? I'd ping comcast.com

I actually did that last night but for a few minutes and the the router hooked up.

I'm trying to upload last night but it won't let me.

https://share.pingplotter.com/jZ7fniPLwyY