sfv 2.5 patch geofilter not working

As the topic says after the patch with the new character Ed the geofilter stopped working the only way it finds games now is with geo filter off and i watch the map to make sure the person im connecting to is in my circle any ideas?

it will still find games i have it set to strict like it was before the patch, however the games it does find it takes longer to find them and it usually only finds 3 or 4 bar connection games. I used to use the playstion network to find matches which worked fine till the latest patch ive also tried using the xbox live one as well.

no it works as it used to for other games except sfv with the new patch, as far as population goes the game has as many users as before. The maps still works so all i have to do is check to who im connecting to before accepting a match to make sure there not to far away with the seach disabled im still able to see who im connecting to before i accept the match so i guess in a way the router still works i just have to screen the match before i accept which is only a slight bother.  ^_^

• Administrators

So instead of Call of Duty where it'll block everything outside your radius and just get you a game within your radius you have to check if they're within your radius before accepting the game? That's a new mechanic they've added then? If so there's no real way around that that I could see.

• 3 weeks later...

the issue with me is when I use the geofilter the exact opposite happens. I always get matched up with players from other countries when i have it on and never within the US and its always very laggy. The game doesnt allow you to choose or see what region the player is from until the match is about to start. This is what the capcom blog says about matchmaking changes 

Matchmaking Improvements

It should now take less time to find an opponent in online matches. We’ve also added logic which avoids frequently being matched with the same opponent repeatedly.

• Netduma Staff

the issue with me is when I use the geofilter the exact opposite happens. I always get matched up with players from other countries when i have it on and never within the US and its always very laggy. The game doesnt allow you to choose or see what region the player is from until the match is about to start. This is what the capcom blog says about matchmaking changes 

Matchmaking Improvements

It should now take less time to find an opponent in online matches. We’ve also added logic which avoids frequently being matched with the same opponent repeatedly.

Welcome to the forum Migurams. What happens if you just rely on the ping assist on 50ms and turn off strict mode? There's likely a setting to compensate for the new matchmaking system and make it more bearable - I shouldn't think you will need to disable the Geofilter for SFV.

• Netduma Staff

I have tried using even up to 60-70ms ping assist and strict off

We might have to test SFV again, though unfortunately we're really busy with DumaOS so testing games has had to take a backseat. If you disable the Geo-filter, what is the connection quality like? Do you end up getting really crappy games all the time?