Hello Guys!

tennesseejam

My name is John Andrew and from Memphis, TN area. I have been gaming since the Atari back in like 84 or so. Some of my favorite games growing up were Mario 1 and 3, Mortal Kombat 1 and 2, Twisted Metal 1, 2, and Black.. After PS2, I was pretty much done with gaming for the most part until my roommate showed up with a ps3 out of nowhere and had bought Modern Warfare 1.. I was hooked from the start. I had never even heard of "multiplayer" until then.. Slowly but surely, I became better and better. I never could get a good connection in my area, but still held my own.. 6 mbps down and not even 1 up is the most I can get in my area for the past 7 years so I've been looking for every advantage I can get to hang in with some of the better players. I have an ASUS 27 inch monitor which does help with lag vs my TV. Now I have the Netduma which helps somewhat so far, but I really won't know my full potential until I can get a better ISP with superior speeds. Everyone in my clan has 75 to 100 mbps, and I never win the "fair" gunfights over them. It drives me nuts, but it is what it is!  Anyways, I really appreciate what the Neduma guys are doing. It's about time someone makes a router dedicated to online gaming.  The support here has been outstanding!  Any questions, feel free to ask.. 

• Administrators

Hi John, those are some classic games you got there although I've never been a playstation guy lol. Its so true its ALL about online gaming. Once you go online you never go back. 

Just for your info bandwidth has very little to do with lag. Games use barely any bandwidth 0.3mbits at most. So if your congestion control settings are correct you should be near optimum mate :) If you'd like some help start a new thread.

Like Iain says how broad the band is means how much data can be sent or received at anytime. Not how fast it gets there.

It is all about latency, ping.

What seems to be a slower connection can be really fast at sending information but it can not send it in bulk like a higher bandwidth product.

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum John. Have you got MKX yet? I've heard a lot of good things about it

Welcome to the forum John. Have you got MKX yet? I've heard a lot of good things about it

I have bought every MK except X and the one with DC... I watched the entire story mode of X on youtube, and i wasn't very impressed by the story mode.,. The endings are pretty weak as well... I also watched all the fatalities.. Many were good, but they seemed to over do it.. I prefer MK2 even though the graphics are lovely in the new one.  I also enjoyed the one with Lui Kang and Kung Lao, Shaolin Monks or whatever it was called.. I like the story mode more so than the actual fighting.. I thought they did a good job with that one too.

Archived