wifi is constantaly locking up. getting worse

Someone please help, my duma is becoming unusable as of late, console and PC are both wired which works but the wifi... god give me strength, its appalling, absolutely appalling. I am having to constantly turn of the power to reboot it so that there's a connection again to the world wide web and its driving me insane!!

when i first got the netduma i had an issue where my iphone would just loose the connection to the router and use my mobile network data, that was fixed after posting on here and i was told to uncheck the wifi workaround box. which i did and that fixed the issue but in the last while my devices are showing they have a connection but nothing works until i reboot the duma and then give it 30mins to an hour (sometimes less) and low and behold its stopped working again..

i am on the latest firmware, i have checked and unchecked the wifi workaround box and nothing is solving this problem.

Ive got a network scanning tool and im on a wireless channel all by myself which shouldnt be surprising given there are only 4 houses next to mine. i have 80/20 connection and it runs at that.

i need this to work, i have a security camera which i log into and the camera is wifi..... its not much good when my wifi doesnt work.

is your router close to a cordless telephone or other electrical equipment that could interfere with the wifi signal?

cordless telephones & microwaves for example can cause wifi drop-outs!

Honestly I have never been a fan of the wifi component on the R1 because of the lack of 5Ghz.  I would suggest getting you a quality wireless access point with 2.4Ghz/5Ghz support.  I have done this and have never looked back.

i'm an engineer for Openreach, i deal with issues like this day in and out, locations of routers being in crazy places and the things which can effect them. I only write that because i literally have tried everything that i can think of, resets, using the BTHub as well as just the vdsl openreach modem, its the netduma thats causing this problem, Ive commented on anther post where someone is having an identical issue.

I had my Duma exchanged because of wifi drop outs. The 2nd router was fine for a month or so then the same thing wifi dropouts at least once a day..never a problem with hard wired. It is in my opinion a hardware problem inherent to this router.For the last 2 months I have had my old asus router connected just for wifi and guess what..not 1 drop out

• Netduma Staff

i'm an engineer for Openreach, i deal with issues like this day in and out, locations of routers being in crazy places and the things which can effect them. I only write that because i literally have tried everything that i can think of, resets, using the BTHub as well as just the vdsl openreach modem, its the netduma thats causing this problem, Ive commented on anther post where someone is having an identical issue.

Could you please make sure you've tried everything in this short guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022405-why-does-the-netduma-wifi-keep-dropping-out-

I had my Duma exchanged because of wifi drop outs. The 2nd router was fine for a month or so then the same thing wifi dropouts at least once a day..never a problem with hard wired. It is in my opinion a hardware problem inherent to this router.For the last 2 months I have had my old asus router connected just for wifi and guess what..not 1 drop out

Just to clarify, did you try out everything in the guide above? Wi-Fi drop outs being so persistent aren't too common with this router; most of our users never experience these issues. It's unfortunate that even your replacement is having drop out issues - perhaps it's not agreeing with your other equipment. Let me know if you tried the guide please :)

Nothing wrong with my equipment...like i said in the post I have had no dropouts from my old router. Wired i have no problems at all.. never disconnects ..same problem on wifi with both Duma's. Quite happy to use my old router for wifi but reading the amount of post re wifi drop outs over the last 18 months it is a problem that hasnt been rectified

I've been having the issue for the last couple of months.  I'm considering buying a dedicated high end WAP since I can't count on the wifi on the netduma.  My music studio is connected through the wireless as well as my office.  (2 computers, never pushing bandwidth at the same time).  I used inSSIDer to pick a good channel and no other wireless devices.  It doesn't work until I reset the Duma.  

• Administrators

Nothing wrong with my equipment...like i said in the post I have had no dropouts from my old router. Wired i have no problems at all.. never disconnects ..same problem on wifi with both Duma's. Quite happy to use my old router for wifi but reading the amount of post re wifi drop outs over the last 18 months it is a problem that hasnt been rectified

Relatively only a small number of users are experiencing the issue, if we can replicate it we'll fix it in DumaOS for sure if it's a software issue. 

I've been having the issue for the last couple of months.  I'm considering buying a dedicated high end WAP since I can't count on the wifi on the netduma.  My music studio is connected through the wireless as well as my office.  (2 computers, never pushing bandwidth at the same time).  I used inSSIDer to pick a good channel and no other wireless devices.  It doesn't work until I reset the Duma.  

Have you followed the link Jack provided?

I followed the instructions in the link that Jack posted.  Everything was already configured as listed, so I unchecked "Enable Wifi work-around".  I'm not sure what that is/does, so I don't know if it will change the issue.  I'll report back if it does.  I can elaborate on the problem though.

This issue began cropping up about a month ago and is becoming more prevalent, happening daily and sometimes twice/ day now.  The wifi works in that I can connect to the wifi and have a strong signal on any of the devices that are typically connected. The issue is that I get no connectivity to the internet or LAN - its like connecting to a WAP that isn't connected to anything else.  Wired devices work just fine while the wireless is acting up like this. Unplugging the NetDuma and plugging it back in fixes the problem.  Its very frustrating when I'm trying to game with my friends and my wife or son tell me they can't do homework or access the internet so I have to cycle the router. 

The issue is 100% internal to the router, not sure if its hardware or firmware, but it is (as I said) a NetDuma issue.

• Administrators

I followed the instructions in the link that Jack posted.  Everything was already configured as listed, so I unchecked "Enable Wifi work-around".  I'm not sure what that is/does, so I don't know if it will change the issue.  I'll report back if it does.  I can elaborate on the problem though.

This issue began cropping up about a month ago and is becoming more prevalent, happening daily and sometimes twice/ day now.  The wifi works in that I can connect to the wifi and have a strong signal on any of the devices that are typically connected. The issue is that I get no connectivity to the internet or LAN - its like connecting to a WAP that isn't connected to anything else.  Wired devices work just fine while the wireless is acting up like this. Unplugging the NetDuma and plugging it back in fixes the problem.  Its very frustrating when I'm trying to game with my friends and my wife or son tell me they can't do homework or access the internet so I have to cycle the router. 

The issue is 100% internal to the router, not sure if its hardware or firmware, but it is (as I said) a NetDuma issue.

Do let us know, but please start a new topic for your issue. Hard to focus on more than one person in a topic.