Hi All,

I am trying to setup PureVPN or HMA Pro with my Netduma R1

I have tried the config that Fraser posted for Pure VPN and the HMA Pro. The VPN doesn't connect and I keep getting a repeated mesage in the status

PureVPN

"Sun May 21 14:02:38 2017 RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: fl1-ovpn.purevpn.net : Name or service not known"

Eventually it comes up with "Sun May 21 14:03:44 2017 NOTE: --mute triggered".

HMA Pro

Sun May 21 23:23:40 2017 WARNING: file '/tmp/vpncred' is group or others accessible

Sun May 21 23:23:40 2017 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

Sun May 21 23:23:40 2017 Socket Buffers: R=[87380->131072] S=[16384->131072]

Sun May 21 23:23:40 2017 Attempting to establish TCP connection with [AF_INET]77.75.123.187:443 [nonblock]

Sun May 21 23:23:41 2017 TCP: connect to [AF_INET]77.75.123.187:443 failed, will try again in 5 seconds: Connection refused

I am on the latest firmware.

I logged into router, selected VPN, selected setup, pasted the above into config and entered user and password. I have tried every variation including the fast setup as well as the advanced. Both on their own and together.

The user and password work via the PC app which is definitely disconnected (Just in case Purevpn/HMA doesn't allow multiple sign ins).

Any help is much appreciated.

Kind regards

Nathan

• Netduma Staff

Hi All,

I am trying to setup PureVPN or HMA Pro with my Netduma R1

I have tried the config that Fraser posted for Pure VPN and the HMA Pro. The VPN doesn't connect and I keep getting a repeated mesage in the status

PureVPN

"Sun May 21 14:02:38 2017 RESOLVE: Cannot resolve host address: fl1-ovpn.purevpn.net : Name or service not known"

Eventually it comes up with "Sun May 21 14:03:44 2017 NOTE: --mute triggered".

HMA Pro

Sun May 21 23:23:40 2017 WARNING: file '/tmp/vpncred' is group or others accessible

Sun May 21 23:23:40 2017 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

Sun May 21 23:23:40 2017 Socket Buffers: R=[87380->131072] S=[16384->131072]

Sun May 21 23:23:40 2017 Attempting to establish TCP connection with [AF_INET]77.75.123.187:443 [nonblock]

Sun May 21 23:23:41 2017 TCP: connect to [AF_INET]77.75.123.187:443 failed, will try again in 5 seconds: Connection refused

I am on the latest firmware.

I logged into router, selected VPN, selected setup, pasted the above into config and entered user and password. I have tried every variation including the fast setup as well as the advanced. Both on their own and together.

The user and password work via the PC app which is definitely disconnected (Just in case Purevpn/HMA doesn't allow multiple sign ins).

Any help is much appreciated.

Kind regards

Nathan

Hi Nathan; could you please provide us with the config and we'll take a look?

Hi Jack,

The configs I have been using are the ones that both yourself and Fraser have been discussing/supporting. I don't have anything direct from PureVPN or HMA.

Are you referring to these or should I contact HMA/Pure to get one?

PureVPN said scoot in my previous attempt to get asistance via wechat as the router isnt supported.

Kind regards

Nathan

Oh well I guess i'd better assist myself as support on here is awful!

For anyone that is also struggling and doesn't want to spend approximately two days waiting for assistance.

Download the config file for HMA Pro from this link https://www.hidemyass.com/vpn-config/vpn-configs.zip

Select the one that you want, copy the details, paste into the config box on VPN setup (delete any extra blank lines at the bottom after pasting) and then enter username and password.

• Netduma Staff

Oh well I guess i'd better assist myself as support on here is awful!

For anyone that is also struggling and doesn't want to spend approximately two days waiting for assistance.

Download the config file for HMA Pro from this link https://www.hidemyass.com/vpn-config/vpn-configs.zip

Select the one that you want, copy the details, paste into the config box on VPN setup (delete any extra blank lines at the bottom after pasting) and then enter username and password.

Sorry about that Willis! Myself and Fraser are usually on these forums every working day (BST), and our forum moderators are also around giving support. We're a very small team at the moment though; hopefully we'll be able to get more people in to help on here soon enough.

Anyway, it sounds like you have the VPN up and running which is great. If you need assistance let us know - we're here from 10AM until 6PM BST, every working day.