Hello please help seems as though netduma is doing absolutely nothing at all,

Hello everyone I have been trying to use the router but to no avail.

I set up my geofilter and when I check everyone's ping its worse than ever I have seen and the person on the final kill cam always seems to be lagging majorly.

I do not know what else to do honestly.

I did the bloat filter thing which i dont even think i needed to do since I only run black ops 3 and nothing else while playing.

I set up  the filter for texas zero ping 300 miles radius and I get major laggers its not even funny. 

I tried illinious and the same thing. I feel so frsutrated please help me. I am willing to go threough evrything with someone knowledgable?

I dont want to feel i wasted 200 bucks.

• Netduma Staff

Hello everyone I have been trying to use the router but to no avail.

I set up my geofilter and when I check everyone's ping its worse than ever I have seen and the person on the final kill cam always seems to be lagging majorly.

I set up  the filter for texas zero ping 300 miles radius and I get major laggers its not even funny.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Don't worry, you're in the right place to optimise your connection, and you've got the best router to do it. First off, I'd find out what your ping to the host is on average. To do this, click on the largest circle on the map when you're in a game and take a look at the graph below. I'd also run a wired Network Diagnostics test and post the results here - your problem might not be the hosts / Geo-filter set up, but rather your ISP equipment / wires etc. Also pay attention to the advanced area of the Network Diagnostics, since it will tell you your base ping (which should be an average of a bunch of different readings). Let us know that as well please :)

For now, also try out these settings:

- 0 Ping Assist
- Strict Mode On
- 70% anti-flood
- Put your device in Hyper Traffic (in Congestion Control)
- Share excess enabled
- Reset device prioritisation & apply
- Disable deep packet in misc

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Don't worry, you're in the right place to optimise your connection, and you've got the best router to do it. First off, I'd find out what your ping to the host is on average. To do this, click on the largest circle on the map when you're in a game and take a look at the graph below. I'd also run a wired Network Diagnostics test and post the results here - your problem might not be the hosts / Geo-filter set up, but rather your ISP equipment / wires etc. Also pay attention to the advanced area of the Network Diagnostics, since it will tell you your base ping (which should be an average of a bunch of different readings). Let us know that as well please :)

For now, also try out these settings:

- 0 Ping Assist

- Strict Mode On

- 70% anti-flood

- Put your device in Hyper Traffic (in Congestion Control)

- Share excess enabled

- Reset device prioritisation & apply

- Disable deep packet in misc

Hello thank you very much for the help.

I am already using zero ping assist which is why I am troubled by the amount of lag I see

Strict mode I have enabled because I read it keeps the router from getting host outside your filter range. However even with doing that occasionally it still does that anyway.

70% anti flood, now I believe you mean this two sliders and I read a post from I think one of your mods in here who had a write up on bloat and he said to go to dsl reports website to test to find the right level for my sliders which for me seems to be 94 each , but should I just set to 70 anyway?

And about deep packet I believe I read that if you use preemptive you're supposed to keep deep packet enabled is this not correct or should I disable it.

I will also try to post the info you requested in a little .

http://imgur.com/a/HAva8

I am unsure how to post pictures on here. This is the reading I got with the change to the setting you recommended. 

Which is better than what was happening before but by better however, the reading are still far worse than what I would normally have and also I am now getting hit markers.

For example, at close range losing to kn-44 no rapidfire and with proper aim while using a vesper, and obsiouly shooting first then dying . In close range i mean. Very upsetting.

And what game is this that you are playing? could you possibly record some footage and link to it? 

You say it is worse than what you would normally have, again could you please post footage of what you normally get and then footage of with the duma optimised as advised. This may help us in diagnosing your issue. 

To post pictures got to more reply options bottom right of the reply box.make sure that the images do not exceed the max file size which I think is 2mb each.

Cheers

And what game is this that you are playing? could you possibly record some footage and link to it? 

You say it is worse than what you would normally have, again could you please post footage of what you normally get and then footage of with the duma optimised as advised. This may help us in diagnosing your issue. 

To post pictures got to more reply options bottom right of the reply box.make sure that the images do not exceed the max file size which I think is 2mb each.

Cheers

That's a substantial amount of work . And you don't seem very helpful at all. First pictures now footage . Why is the ping so bad? Answer that? Why is there a post detailing how to resolve bloatware but you tell me to put the sliders at 70% Why is my ping worse with netduma? Did you even look at the pictures i posted? I am playing black ops 3. The kn-44 is an assault rifle and the vesper is a close ranger smg with the fastest time to kill in the game. If i fire at someone first at point  blank range who is using the practically any assault rifle save a burst maybe, I should erase them not die. 

Imagine I spent $200 dollars on something which now apparently needs so much fine tuning in order to work if at all, and on top of this theres doesnt seem to be direct support execept these forums, and then you have to wait forever for an answer. Which is just more questions.

And you specifically just posted a link , as if i didn't do my ground work but if you paid any attention to what I said you can see i did my reading already. Jack is at least attemtping to be helpful.

Hey man at least u have a lower base ping than mine. Your base ping is a 20 and u don't seem to have huge spikes unlike me. U really have to mess around with the netduma a lot to find what settings work best for your connection. That's something I really don't like about the netduma, which I hope they fix with the new update they been working on. Black ops 3 can be a really random game tbh, and infinite warfare is worse :/. I know that bo3 for me works better by not using the geo filter. Everything I use it all I get is people that are 3 bars and skipping their balls off. I know this might not help u much but download a program called PingPlotter, ping twitter or Google from the program and do a few dsl reports or speed test runs. Work with the sliders and see which percentage gives u less ping spikes while u run those test. I hope it all works well for you.

Hey man at least u have a lower base ping than mine. Your base ping is a 20 and u don't seem to have huge spikes unlike me. U really have to mess around with the netduma a lot to find what settings work best for your connection. That's something I really don't like about the netduma, which I hope they fix with the new update they been working on. Black ops 3 can be a really random game tbh, and infinite warfare is worse :/. I know that bo3 for me works better by not using the geo filter. Everything I use it all I get is people that are 3 bars and skipping their balls off. I know this might not help u much but download a program called PingPlotter, ping twitter or Google from the program and do a few dsl reports or speed test runs. Work with the sliders and see which percentage gives u less ping spikes while u run those test. I hope it all works well for you.

HEY I really appreciate the advice I'm going to try this program now. I agree it takes so much fiddling to get it to work and I got it to help me enjoy my game more but I'm spending so long just adjusting it rather than simply enjoying the game. And I agree with your thought on black ops 3 it's so all over the. Place . But when it works it's fun which is why I'm going through all this.

What's funny is that I gave it a try without the filter and now there is obviously less lag across all lobbies Ive been in. That means the only thing the duma is good for is congestion control and even that seems like it might be a placebo. 

I just have better gameplays withough the geo filter on. Also when I play alone I get better hit detection. For some people the netduma makes their connection worse because their modem doesn't work well with it. That was my situation when I moved to Florida. Spectrum gave me a shitty modem that would have stable ping but the modem was faulty so I had packet loss. Then the next modem they gave me had horrible ping spikes and would not even give me a stable ping in game, so I went out my way and bought a stand alone modem the users here recommend. They say it works good with the netduma. The modem is a tplink tc7610 it fixed my issue but I still have random high ping spikes but not as often as before. But u know keep messing around with the settings until u get what works best for u, even tho we would not be spending so much time doing so.

Ok fine , I was trying to help  y asking for information that would help e help you, Im Ok. no worries. Good luck. 

You wreen't trying to help you were trying to interrogate. Youre on here supposedly to help but youve done zero at all to do so. Good riddance.

I just have better gameplays withough the geo filter on. Also when I play alone I get better hit detection. For some people the netduma makes their connection worse because their modem doesn't work well with it. That was my situation when I moved to Florida. Spectrum gave me a shitty modem that would have stable ping but the modem was faulty so I had packet loss. Then the next modem they gave me had horrible ping spikes and would not even give me a stable ping in game, so I went out my way and bought a stand alone modem the users here recommend. They say it works good with the netduma. The modem is a tplink tc7610 it fixed my issue but I still have random high ping spikes but not as often as before. But u know keep messing around with the settings until u get what works best for u, even tho we would not be spending so much time doing so.

I appreciate your effort to explain but honestly Im gonna return this shit. I think its a treu honest waste of money and you don't ever feel a concrete differenec everything I think i felt good be a placebo effect. Thats not worth the money.

• Netduma Staff

I appreciate your effort to explain but honestly Im gonna return this shit. I think its a treu honest waste of money and you don't ever feel a concrete differenec everything I think i felt good be a placebo effect. Thats not worth the money.

You can read our terms here: https://netduma.com/terms/

We do guarantee the best connection when you've set it up correctly. Ping is dictated mostly by distance; and the Netduma is the only router in the world which can limit that distance to get you a better ping. With some patience, you will get better gameplay with it - especially in CoD.

Try enabling the CoD Ultimate profile. That will set your location in the sea (nullifying the distance slider) and focus on the Ping Assist feature, and works out well for many users. Also keep in mind that the more hosts you "deny" (using the Quality slider under the Host Descriptor), the less bad connections you'll be able to connect to. Your base ping is good - though if you let us know what ping you get in the game that'd be useful in helping you out as well.

You can read our terms here: https://netduma.com/terms/

We do guarantee the best connection when you've set it up correctly. Ping is dictated mostly by distance; and the Netduma is the only router in the world which can limit that distance to get you a better ping. With some patience, you will get better gameplay with it - especially in CoD.

Try enabling the CoD Ultimate profile. That will set your location in the sea (nullifying the distance slider) and focus on the Ping Assist feature, and works out well for many users. Also keep in mind that the more hosts you "deny" (using the Quality slider under the Host Descriptor), the less bad connections you'll be able to connect to. Your base ping is good - though if you let us know what ping you get in the game that'd be useful in helping you out as well.

Okay im using the cod ultimate profile now. So far its been lag city no joke. However I notice the ping assist comes set at 50 for this so IM uncertain if this is meant to be like this or what so i dropped it to zero now and I will see if that changes anything.

If u drop it to zero with your geo filter set in the ocean, u would not be able to find games. 0 ping assist turn off the feature. I can find games with a 30 ping assist because I live right on top of a dedi. Yet I still don't use the geo man.

If u drop it to zero with your geo filter set in the ocean, u would not be able to find games. 0 ping assist turn off the feature. I can find games with a 30 ping assist because I live right on top of a dedi. Yet I still don't use the geo man.

Lol yeah i just learned that the hard way

Tbh the netduma frustrates me because u always have to be messing with the settings. I don't see any reduction in ping spikes or jitter as much as they preach. I got the modem that is supposed to be the one that works best with it and still the same issues. I have had technicians come to my apartment multiple times and they don't see anything wrong with my line. The netduma simply is too much to work around for it to be 200 dollars honestly. Not even their recommended settings work for me.