New Netduma and have a few questions

Hello,

I just recently purchased my Netduma R1 and received it on 5/16/17. I bought it mainly with Destiny in mind (wish I had known about the "destiny lag" discount but anyway.. I've got a few questions. 

1.) When in the Geofilter tab, my circle shows my location being Charlotte, NC while i'm actually located just outside Myrtle Beach, SC. I've tested the location of two friends and their location is very accurate (zoomed in all the way, their circles are directly over their general area which is about 50-60 miles north of me). While I don't see this as a huge issue, it does slightly annoy my OCD tendencies when it comes to all things gaming. Is there maybe something I may have set wrong?

2.) Loaded "Destiny" profile and Trials went SOOOO much better Monday since It was not matching us with teams from Central/South America/Europe. It felt good to only lose to teams that were higher skilled or just simply outplayed us. But after the recent maintenance, I am getting pretty consistent "Beaver" errors even in regular Clash and Elimination. I increased the radius in Geofilter by a sizable margin (circle included ~75% of the US, a large portion of central america, and a good bit of Canada) and would still get beaver'd about every 3rd game while also dealing with +250 ping god players. 

3.) My connection is only 30/5 with an average ping to local server of 10ms and the Netduma's internet diagnostics tool  showed everything being either good or excellent. Monday before the destiny maintenance, I was getting host almost every match (at least my circle was the largest) and everyone in a 6v6 or 3v3 lobby had full green bars with a few exceptions of players in parties. After maintenance and having to increase the geo tolerance, my circle is usually the minimal size with lobbies full of yellow/red bars with mine even dropping to red occasionally. Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of being host?

Other details that may help;

My ISP offers a pretty rock solid internet service even though it's cable.

X1 is hardwired to router. X1 network details shows 30/5 with a 67ms ping to their servers (was in the 90s before Netduma)

Tested on COD BO3 and was chosen as host 9/10 with connections I thought previously impossible in COD. 

One last question and i'll quit.. Will this work for PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS for PC? I selected my PC as a service device and chose "xbox live" on the next step but haven't tried it out. I've quit playing it in the last 2 weeks due to the large amount of high ping EU and Asia players recently connecting to the NA servers making the previously minor lag/desync/rubberbanding a major problem for me. I just wasn't sure if you guys have looked into it yet.

Thanks for all the help

• Netduma Staff

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You can change your home location by clicking on the "Home" icon and setting it yourself - the Netduma does not detect where you live automatically.

I believe we're soon to be doing another cloud update to fix the beaver errors which have been caused by a recent Destiny update. When you get booted from the game, please have a look on the Geo-filter for any "Padlock" icons. They will be servers we need to whitelist. If you could click on the padlock if you see one and provide us with the ID we can add it to the whitelist.

There's nothing you can do to increase your chances of becoming the host of the game - that's all down to the game netcode. We also wouldn't allow people to do so if it were possible, due to the possibility of cheating or being branded a cheater.

The Geo-filter is not needed for PC games such as Battlegrounds, or any game where you can choose your server - the Congestion Control features will be able to help you there. Please let us know if you have any more questions :)

Thanks, 

When getting booted, all i've noticed is that a small yellow triangle with "!" in it will pop up for a few seconds. I have not seen a padlock that I recall. I've seen that symbol pop up mostly in the UK/EU but I'll have to get the ID's next time it happens.  

As for the "home" icon. I did select my general location and set as home. The thing i'm talking about is, while sitting in orbit, MP lobby, or anywhere else that i'm not connected or trying to connect to other players, There is a red circle that pops up. I assumed this would be my circle due to it always being there. Like I've said, all of my friends circles are accurate. Is there supposed to be anything appearing on the map in situations where i'm not technically connected to anyone?

Is there supposed to be anything appearing on the map in situations where i'm not technically connected to anyone?

It's probably a MS/game/chat/matchmaking server I expect

• Netduma Staff

Thanks, 

When getting booted, all i've noticed is that a small yellow triangle with "!" in it will pop up for a few seconds. I have not seen a padlock that I recall. I've seen that symbol pop up mostly in the UK/EU but I'll have to get the ID's next time it happens.  

As for the "home" icon. I did select my general location and set as home. The thing i'm talking about is, while sitting in orbit, MP lobby, or anywhere else that i'm not connected or trying to connect to other players, There is a red circle that pops up. I assumed this would be my circle due to it always being there. Like I've said, all of my friends circles are accurate. Is there supposed to be anything appearing on the map in situations where i'm not technically connected to anyone?

The yellow caution triangles are other players (hosts) you're blocking whereas padlocks are dedicated servers being blocked. Due to a bunch of reports of Destiny errors in the last week we're just trying to gather their ID's so we can release a cloud update :)

As ColonicBoom said above, the red circle you see won't necessarily be another player - it could be a number of different things, likely a matchmaking server.

• Netduma Staff

I suppose better late than never.. 

This is the Server (also appears to be Ireland) that was showing a padlock;

ID: ed36a772d38c4348    Distance: 5896km

That's great Kang thanks for that. There's no telling when this cloud update will happen since the office is very busy on DumaOS, but hopefully it should be very soon.