Fios and duma

Hi all. Just trying to get a little help here. My speeds with fios are 150 over 150. With turbo mode turned on everything works fine. The problem is my cable boxes for on demand dont work unless i have deep packet processing clicked. In which case my speeds drop drastically to around 75 over 75. Ive tried everything, the only other

thing that works is not having turbo mode enabled.....but im still only getting half my speeds. The error message i get on my tv when trying to view an on demand movie is....audio video lock failure. Any help would be appreciated.

Gamertag ugotstretched xbox one

Hi all. Just trying to get a little help here. My speeds with fios are 150 over 150. With turbo mode turned on everything works fine. The problem is my cable boxes for on demand dont work unless i have deep packet processing clicked. In which case my speeds drop drastically to around 75 over 75. Ive tried everything, the only other

thing that works is not having turbo mode enabled.....but im still only getting half my speeds. The error message i get on my tv when trying to view an on demand movie is....audio video lock failure. Any help would be appreciated.

Gamertag ugotstretched xbox one

I was having the same issues you are experiencing and was told it is a bug in the current firmware and should hopefully be addressed with the upcoming DumaOS upgrade.

It also seems to affect AT&T wifi calling on iPhones as well.

• Administrators

As above its a bug that should be corrected in DumaOS if possible and not just a side effect of those features.

Heres a few things I suggest you could do:

Have your cable boxes connected to your hub. They shouldn't use much bandwidth so QoS should still work and then you can have your full speeds.

Otherwise just try to get the highest speeds possible: 

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

As above its a bug that should be corrected in DumaOS if possible and not just a side effect of those features.

Heres a few things I suggest you could do:

Have your cable boxes connected to your hub. They shouldn't use much bandwidth so QoS should still work and then you can have your full speeds.

Otherwise just try to get the highest speeds possible: 

• Reactive Algorithm
  • 100% anti-flood
  • Share excess enabled
  • Reset device prioritisation & apply
  • Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
  • Disable deep packet in misc
  • Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
  • Do a wired speed test from a PC

We can't have our cable boxes directly connected to the NetDuma, the Ethernet port on our cable boxes are currently disabled, we have to bridge our G1100 Fios Router to be just a Moca coax connection for them.

• Administrators

We can't have our cable boxes directly connected to the NetDuma, the Ethernet port on our cable boxes are currently disabled, we have to bridge our G1100 Fios Router to be just a Moca coax connection for them.

Ahh I think I understand, so the only option is try to get the highest speeds possible whilst still being able to use the cable boxes.

Ahh I think I understand, so the only option is try to get the highest speeds possible whilst still being able to use the cable boxes.

Yes so hopefully that is what is being addressed in the upcoming DumaOS update, and if not, hopefully you can pass this info along.

if you are gaming on a console (which uses very very little bandwidth when gaming) 75/75 is far sufficient for the rest of the household when you are gaming. then give everyone full speeds when you are not gaming until the duma os comes out. 

you can happily game on 1mb up and down no problem, but it is frustrating i can imagine when you are only getting half your speeds! wish i had 150/150 or even 75/75!

Yeah the only way i get full speeds is with turbo mode clicked. Even super turbo hinders my speed. They gotta make it so either super turbo works the same as turbo or deep packet processing is incorporated into turbo mode while getting the full speeds.

• Administrators

Yeah the only way i get full speeds is with turbo mode clicked. Even super turbo hinders my speed. They gotta make it so either super turbo works the same as turbo or deep packet processing is incorporated into turbo mode while getting the full speeds.

Super turbo shouldn't hinder speeds as long as turbo is enabled also as it turns off CC. We'll just get it to work regardless of turbo etc.