NetDuma for FIFA 17: Will it help my issue?

My issue with FIFA 17 during FUT Champions Weekend League is laggy/sandy like gameplay.

I am currently using an ASUS AC66U router with Merlin and it's pretty good as for as game performance (I have no issues with any game but FIFA) and I think it's down to the matchmaking. I keep getting matched up with people in Mexico and South America.

It's a pain in the ass and I don't want to deal with the latency. 

Simply put, will netduma tell me where my opponents are located and can it ban all people in Mexico from matching up with me?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The weekend league I believe uses exclusively dedicated servers. In which I think there are only two servers available, UK & US. You could force to either of these servers or any others if they're available. Normal FIFA uses P2P and so could definitely only get players within your radius should the game population allow it.

weekend league servers will match you with anyone in the world it does not matter so no netduma wont help with that

in seasons sure you can lower your radius so you dont touch mexico but you'll soon realize mexico isnt the issue i still run into 20 30 red bars within 500 mile radius of colorado with fifa

• Netduma Staff

My issue with FIFA 17 during FUT Champions Weekend League is laggy/sandy like gameplay.

I am currently using an ASUS AC66U router with Merlin and it's pretty good as for as game performance (I have no issues with any game but FIFA) and I think it's down to the matchmaking. I keep getting matched up with people in Mexico and South America.

It's a pain in the ass and I don't want to deal with the latency. 

Simply put, will netduma tell me where my opponents are located and can it ban all people in Mexico from matching up with me?

Hello; welcome to the forum!

I hope Frasers advice helped you out. The Geofilter radius can help out when you want to force a particular server or block distant players; but it will also allow you to see where in the world the other players, their ping and let you block them individually - resulting in much smoother gameplay.

If the Geofilter isn't working out in a particular game though, the congestion control features are designed to help out. Let us know if you have any more questions :)