The Mysterious Nat Type...

Hey Team,

Bleach back again with the constant nat issue. It seriously is like every other day this thing just changes its mind. So I completely lost my nat type lastnight. Spent like 2 hours trying to set up a static IP for my xbox, assigning all the correct port forwarding you name it and it just doesnt want to become open within the xbox settings. So I thought back, and was like I never had this issue until Infinite Warfare came out. That is when we had to assigne 3076 to get an open nat just for the ingame. So I reset my duma to only use uPnP and we FINALLY received an open nat again, but now I have a moderate nat type in game for IW..... Can never win with this damn thing. (Most likely its because IW is a POS, but i'm anal and want open everything.)

Soooooooooooo, my question is does anyone know what a guy should do to get an open nat type for everything?

Can you set a DMZ mode directly to the console through netduma?

Or what about setting up the advanced service for the xbox in the CC or hyper-traffic? (Does that do anything, to what I remember everyone said to just use the basic for those and thats what I have always done.)

I really don't want to go through the whole manual set up of port forwarding again, but it that what I gotta do someone let me know. Thanks for any help!

Hello! You may have already tried this but I know with the xbox one people have to change their settings from instant on to energy saving. Worked for me and my NAT type. Like i said you may have had this advice in the past but thought I would mention it just in case.

Hello! You may have already tried this but I know with the xbox one people have to change their settings from instant on to energy saving. Worked for me and my NAT type. Like i said you may have had this advice in the past but thought I would mention it just in case.

Thanks for the help, but yea I tried that whole trend someone posted about doing that, changing everything to accept and everyone and even clearing your persistent history or whatever in the blueray player and I would see see issues.

• Administrators

Hey Team,

Bleach back again with the constant nat issue. It seriously is like every other day this thing just changes its mind. So I completely lost my nat type lastnight. Spent like 2 hours trying to set up a static IP for my xbox, assigning all the correct port forwarding you name it and it just doesnt want to become open within the xbox settings. So I thought back, and was like I never had this issue until Infinite Warfare came out. That is when we had to assigne 3076 to get an open nat just for the ingame. So I reset my duma to only use uPnP and we FINALLY received an open nat again, but now I have a moderate nat type in game for IW..... Can never win with this damn thing. (Most likely its because IW is a POS, but i'm anal and want open everything.)

Soooooooooooo, my question is does anyone know what a guy should do to get an open nat type for everything?

Can you set a DMZ mode directly to the console through netduma?

Or what about setting up the advanced service for the xbox in the CC or hyper-traffic? (Does that do anything, to what I remember everyone said to just use the basic for those and thats what I have always done.)

I really don't want to go through the whole manual set up of port forwarding again, but it that what I gotta do someone let me know. Thanks for any help!

No DMZ, changing hyper traffic wouldn't have an effect on your NAT Type.

First I would boot up MWR, does it show you have an open NAT? If so boot up IW, does it now show you have an open NAT? 

If not, do the same again but with the Geo-filter disabled

No DMZ, changing hyper traffic wouldn't have an effect on your NAT Type.

First I would boot up MWR, does it show you have an open NAT? If so boot up IW, does it now show you have an open NAT? 

If not, do the same again but with the Geo-filter disabled

I can get open now on MWR and IW when I put in port 3076.. but on the xbox itself, its says moderate or unavailable at times. Which means I can't chat or most likely host games... Ill try the geo idea when I get home.. But my other ? now is if I have open in game, but moderate on the xbox net work settings, will that mess up my gaming? We will test again tonight to see if its unavailable again

Thank you for the help

Here's what I do to get open nat on everything using Xbox one.

First you need to hard power down the Xbox one

(Hold power button for 10 seconds till it turns off)

Untick upnp then apply

Retick upnp then apply

Turn on Xbox one

Nat should now be open

Make sure you have DMZ applied for the duma in your modem/router

Port forward 3076 udp and tcp

Then delete the port foward before you launch the game as it conflicts with upnp

• Administrators

I would normally favour what the console tells you your NAT Type is over the game itself. As they're conflicting with the information they're giving it's hard to predict if it'd cause issues like not being able to connect to other players. If you're on auto & bleeding edge cloud I did a recent whitelist to add an XBL NAT server which might affect you.

Here's what I do to get open nat on everything using Xbox one.

First you need to hard power down the Xbox one

(Hold power button for 10 seconds till it turns off)

Untick upnp then apply

Retick upnp then apply

Turn on Xbox one

Nat should now be open

Make sure you have DMZ applied for the duma in your modem/router

Port forward 3076 udp and tcp

Then delete the port foward before you launch the game as it conflicts with upnp

I would normally favour what the console tells you your NAT Type is over the game itself. As they're conflicting with the information they're giving it's hard to predict if it'd cause issues like not being able to connect to other players. If you're on auto & bleeding edge cloud I did a recent whitelist to add an XBL NAT server which might affect you.

Thank you all for all the help, for the breath time I could get on yesterday, I had everything powered down jumped on and had Open Nats in everything lol. So for now Its working but I guess I just need to take note of everything I have and just hope it stays the same.  I have noticed too when having both my 360 and One connected at the same time its cause the settings to freak out. So does anyone else see this? or do they just drop having the second console in your geo filter and then just assign it when your going to play on it? Periodically as well I might have open nat on XboxOne but then once the 360 is loaded up its only moderate.

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP, and sorry for the constant questions lol

• Administrators

I have done some time ago a guide to try for open nat....but admins deleted it...of course without asking me.

We wouldn't delete a thread unless there was a specific reason. It's most likely been archived.

We wouldn't delete a thread unless there was a specific reason. It's most likely been archived.

My guide "deleted"....users asking the same things again and again.....

• Administrators

My guide "deleted"....users asking the same things again and again.....

Are you referring to this one made by you? Which is regarding opening NAT and archived like I said http://forum.netduma.com/topic/18942-infinite-warfare-ports-for-xbox-one-and-ps4/ 

• Administrators

Yes i am referring for this...why it is archived?It is not worth?

Archiving occurs automatically for topics that haven't been posted in for 2-3 months - it saves space. You're still able to view them on the forum.