COD WWII World Wide Reveal Thoughts

simjc

i reserve judgement until I see actual gameplay. Having said that I am looking forward to a bit more reality when gaming and going back to "boots on the ground" is a blessing. I have pre-ordered so I can play the closed beta :) and if it is as crap as IW and AW I can cancel :D

Given that it's a WW2 setting the weapons should be fairly standard, no super dooper laser rifles lol

My biggest bug bear with these games is the unrealistic range and effectiveness of the weapons.

Do the Devs actually do any research into that side of the weaponry

I know it's just a game :) but I expect a bit of realism, I.e. not being able to shoot and kill someone across the map with a pistol!

You would be hard pushed to do it with a rifle!

Personally, I am pleased it's back to proper warfare, but unless the game mechanics, engine net coding etc has changed I can see it being the same old same oh, but I hope to be proved wrong

One thing it may do, is stop all the "flyers" from buying it, no boost jumping and "garish" uniforms for the kiddies to get involved with, it may bring back a lot of players who haven't bought into the futuristic gameplay, time will tell :)

Yeh, they kept banging on about authenticity. So whilst that is true for the campaign, we all want to see that translate into multiplayer. Netcode and underlying game engine, yeh, we all have concerns here, but that is what the beta is for. If it is not up to scratch, most people will cancel.