Stealth_01

Hi all,

So i need some help interpreting some stats and i hope some of you tech savvy guys on here could tell me whats been going on. Currently im with BT infnity 2 and get speeds of 74 down and 16 Up. My surrent set-up is Huawei HG612 and then the Netduma. Fortunately i have an unlocked HG612 and whilt logging into the router i found a statistics page. Could someone please have a look at the attached photo and see whats going on here? Mainly the Line attenuation and error tables..

Thanks for all help in advance

Regards,

post-8592-0-40921100-1492664570_thumb.png

post-8592-0-99726100-1492664583_thumb.png

post-8592-0-90799100-1492664593_thumb.png

Everything is fine, the upstream attenuation is showing incorrectly as there is known bugs with the HG612 dash and it's stat's so do not worry about that.

CRC errors etc are fixed by either G.INP or Interleaving, if your modem has been connected for a while you have a low amounts of errors anyway.

Nothing to worry about.

Everything is fine, the upstream attenuation is showing incorrectly as there is known bugs with the HG612 dash and it's stat's so do not worry about that.

CRC errors etc are fixed by either G.INP or Interleaving, if your modem has been connected for a while you have a low amounts of errors anyway.

Nothing to worry about

Sweeeeeetttt!!! But tbh I did switch out this modem 24 hours ago and these are the stats after a day, could there still be some interleaving on the line?

And as always Zen, you are the man... Thank you for being so helpful time and time again.

Regards,

Thanks stealth.

What is your base ping?

If it is 8ms and you live near the south or 16ms and you live in the north then you are on fast path and will probably be on G.inp if your cabinet is a Hauwei.

A way to find if you are on G.inp is to divide your IP Profile by your Sync Speed and the answer is 0.9669 (G.inp) or 0.9679 (without)

If you are on a Hauwei cabinet you are matched well using a matching chipset in the Hauwei HG612.

Cabinet types

What is G.inp

Either way a steady ping at say 38ms is better than a jittery 8ms ping for gaming.

Thanks stealth.

What is your base ping?

If it is 8ms and you live near the south or 16ms and you live in the north then you are on fast path and will probably be on G.inp if your cabinet is a Hauwei.

A way to find if you are on G.inp is to divide your IP Profile by your Sync Speed and the answer is 0.9669 (G.inp) or 0.9679 (without)

If you are on a Hauwei cabinet you are matched well using a matching chipset in the Hauwei HG612.

Cabinet types

What is G.inp

Either way a steady ping at say 38ms is better than a jittery 8ms ping for gaming.

I live in London and my base ping is around 10ms on dslreports, my cabinet is defo a HUAWEI hence the modem match. I do believe I am on G.inp already, but ill double check using the info on how to investigate. So im guessing nothing to worry about here?? Ping seems pretty stable whilst testing on pingplotter. I think the issue lies with the servers or the players that connect in game in black ops 3...

Regards

if you turn off qos and disable upnp, you will get some throughput benefits.

Sweet ill give that a go today and let you know how i get on :)

P.S. im joining IDNet on the 26th of April and they provide me with a static IP, so fingers crossed that method we tried early on last year that really didnt go too well can finally work!!

Regards,

Noise, what is happening there then?

You mean you have a high SNRM level?

Nope i dont, everything seems to be running just as normal, but because I switched over I just assumed id rather be better off posting stats after 2 weeks as a

precautionary measure. As doing so now, without the acknowledgement of line status will be detrimental to the results and the review itself. After all, i dont want to be

biased or unfair. My review may break or make someones decision on whether to switch over to them. Regardless of anything else, it seems to be playing really well

atm. Just had a few games of bo3 right now and KD has barely dropped below 5 for the week :)

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Stealth_01

how is your new isp? you got that review.

Hi dude, sorry mate. Ive barely been gaming the past month as im trying to move out currently and it is a very long winded task. But the small 30mins online time ive been gaming the connection itself has been on point. The latency hasnt changed much since leaving BT tbh. All the stats seem the same and tbh i dont really think its worth it in the long run. If your connection is already half decent then there's no need to switchover. This superior peering stuff just seems to be all nonsense, hit reg for the most part is decent although you do get that WTF occasionally. I'll have some gameplay up if i get a chance by the end of the week. Apologies for the delay in the review but ill try my best to get some uploaded on youtube this week.

Regards,

Hi dude, sorry mate. Ive barely been gaming the past month as im trying to move out currently and it is a very long winded task. But the small 30mins online time ive been gaming the connection itself has been on point. The latency hasnt changed much since leaving BT tbh. All the stats seem the same and tbh i dont really think its worth it in the long run. If your connection is already half decent then there's no need to switchover. This superior peering stuff just seems to be all nonsense, hit reg for the most part is decent although you do get that WTF occasionally. I'll have some gameplay up if i get a chance by the end of the week. Apologies for the delay in the review but ill try my best to get some uploaded on youtube this week.

Regards,

This is what I have warned people of who have went with this package, I was told by one member that if my ping to a server was 16ms with no jitter and his was also using this package his packets would get there before mine, at this point I gave up telling people.

Right as promised ive got some gameplay uploaded to youtube. But pleeeaaassseee bare in mind that ive hardly been playing for a month and this was the third game I had tonight out of 6, so my shot is a little rusty. Hope you guys enjoy and let me know what you guys think. Btw the netduma was not set up correctly, it just happend to be at that time barely anyone was using the net :)

I see you had a good game, but im more interested if your going to continue your service from idnet

Well im bound to the contract for the next 12 months, so i dont really have a choice. But whether ill stay with them once my times up? I highly doubt it tbh. The biggest thing that stood out to me is the customer service. Its top notch.