Titanfall 2 - Performance

DumaRocks

After I spend about a week with the new maps on IW I got a feeling I will be bored with the game again. Thinking I might pack up IW for a few months and focus on another game like Titanfall 2. I have not played this since launch but I need a new set of challenges, learn new movements, maps, weapons, Titans, strategies etc.

Those that play Titanfall 2, just curious about a couple of things as it pertains to the duma.

1) Is the duma even needed for this game or does it perform well without it? 
2) With IW I pretty much have to keep my radius to about 650 miles or I will get put on a set of dedi's that seem to perform bad for me. Is there anything like that to be concerned about with TF2? I am in the midwest if that makes much difference.
3) Overall, what is your experience with the performance, lag, hit detection with TF2? Feel free to compare it to IW or other games.

I ask these questions because with IW it seems as though the game has become more about finding games that perform good rather than competitive matches. Maybe it is in my head but if I sit down for a few of hours of playing, I am constantly tweeking my duma settings to try to lock down and pin point the best results. Getting good at it that sort of but gets a little old. I would like to play a game knowing at least a majority of the games I play I can focus more on the game than the actual connection. Not sure if that is even possible. I do feel like Oeverwatch is a good example of me not having to worry about my settings as much, that game just seems to perform very good for me almost all the time. 

1) The only reason for using the netduma is for congestion control.  That is if your network is causing congestion/ping spikes while you are gaming with Titanfall 2.

2.) No. Titanfall 2 will select the best dedi based on ping but you can always manually change it to any dedi available. 

3.) Titanfall 2 > Infinite Warfare (Honestly to me Advanced Warfare is better than Infinite Warfare lol)

As others have said don't need to use the Geo-filter as you're able to select the server you want to connect to. Of course would still recommend using congestion control to keep your ping stable.

Yes, CC helps my any jitter problems, not that they are typically bad, but it does keep it more consistent from testing. I would use it default but I think that is what I was more or less getting at, is the geo filter necessary.

• Administrators

Yes, CC helps my any jitter problems, not that they are typically bad, but it does keep it more consistent from testing. I would use it default but I think that is what I was more or less getting at, is the geo filter necessary.

Nope! If you do use the Geo-filter then you have to make sure that you have your location over the server that is chosen otherwise you'll be booted. You could however use it as a diagnostic tool if you wished to see if your ping fluctuates

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

On Titanfall when I turn the geo filter on to see the host locations all of them are red is that like that for anyone else playing Titanfall 2?

Colour represents the device at the top of the host filtering page.