Enable upnp forwarding in misc ON or OFF?

Im getting different answers while reading through different threads so can soomeone tell me for my setup should i have it ticked or unticked ? I have a Virgin hub than my netduma connected to the virgin hub

• Netduma Staff

Im getting different answers while reading through different threads so can soomeone tell me for my setup should i have it ticked or unticked ? I have a Virgin hub than my netduma connected to the virgin hub

If you struggle with getting an open NAT, we generally recommend doing manual port forwarding instead of UPnP. If your connection is okay though, I would recommend using UPnP.

It's generally one or the other which is probably why you've seen different opinions. We usually recommend just keeping UPnP on and everything should work okay. If you encounter NAT related issues though, let us know and we'll help you out. Never use Port Forwarding and UPnP at the same time.

I have mine enabled, I believe this allows the router to give your local devices an IPV6 address but not sure. actual desciption: Allows link-local IP address to be IPv6

• 5 months later...
  • Administrators

I have manual upnp plus misc is enabled. Why would it have comflict with my hub home router?

If you have the Duma in the DMZ then it's essentially saying any ports that come in go here. If upnp forwarding is enabled it tries to set port rules on the hub and can therefore conflict with other rules.