Greetings...

Dillinger

Hello again Duma Forum (I had posted an introduction very early on in another section, but it appears to have dropped off the grid)

I've been an addicted Call of Duty gamer for about 3 years now and have run the gambit of losing, badly, to now inflicting heavy losses on the enemy.  I live in the Pacific Northwest, United States, just outside Seattle.  I do work in software development, but it is neither very interesting outside my company, nor do I work for MSFT or Amazon.   ;)

My biggest complaint has always been "why can't we have a REGIONAL playlist"?  The Seattle, and surrounding, area is LOADED with gamers.  Everyone I work with has at least two titles of games in rotation at any time.  Why am I constantly thrown into lobbies from Mexico, South America, Japan and occasionally the Eu?

When I saw this product on Charlie Intel, it took about 30 minutes of reading and watching a couple of videos to order one up, and thankfully, I got in under the wire.   :ph34r:   :DMine is [EDIT: Here and working beautifully].

Thank you guys so much for making a turn key product like this one!  If this product would only allow me to reject games that were hosted 5,000 miles away, I still would have bought it.  With all the cool features it has, I almost feel like I have an unfair advantage for a change.

I am sure I will have questions, so I thought I would join early, post when I can help and build a rapport with you folks.

I'll update the user experience thread once it gets here and let you know how it works from the West Coast of the USA.  I suspect there will be a TON of traffic from my neck of the woods when word gets out.  

Thanks again and congrats on the successful release!

JD

Hey D, Mr. Nosey Bastard here :D

I do work in software development, but it is neither very interesting outside my company, nor do I work for MSFT or Amazon. ;)

Does it rhyme with "Nooodle"? Sourcils.gif

Also, in your sig, whats the, "1911 aficionado" referencing? The M1911 pistol?? Not the Jackie Chan film, is it? lol

Curiosity never hurt a dog, and I'm rarely offended. Tell me to stick my snout elsewhere if the mood takes you Yaisse.gif

Hey D, Mr. Nosey Bastard here :D

Does it rhyme with "Nooodle"? Sourcils.gif

Also, in your sig, whats the, "1911 aficionado" referencing? The M1911 pistol?? Not the Jackie Chan film, is it? lol

Curiosity never hurt a dog, and I'm rarely offended. Tell me to stick my snout elsewhere if the mood takes you Yaisse.gif

LOL

Nah man, I work for a company that develops software for the medical industry tied to "customer satisfaction".  It's nothing fun or exciting and most people will have never heard of the company.

Yes, the 1911 pistol.  I've owned a lot of pistols over the years, and shot a gambit of the ones on the market today, but the 1911 is the one for me.  No better handgun out there in my opinion.   Here's a picture of one of my babies.

IMAG0023.jpg

The 1911 is a great gun. I live in the UK so we can't shoot full bore pistols anymore but I had a go with a kimber 1911 when I was on holiday in the states.

That thing was sick, super tight groupings

The 1911 is a great gun. I live in the UK so we can't shoot full bore pistols anymore 

I'm sorry to hear that My Friend.  I have never been a fan of anyone telling me, or anyone else, what they can or can not spend their hard earned money on.

If you ever make your way to the Western US, you are welcome to shoot mine and try out a few different options.   ;)

I'm sorry to hear that My Friend. I have never been a fan of anyone telling me, or anyone else, what they can or can not spend their hard earned money on.

If you ever make your way to the Western US, you are welcome to shoot mine and try out a few different options. ;)

Not trying to get political, but the poor UK folks have had it pretty bad since 1997 (?) when their laws changed. We're lucky. I'm sure the guys from the UK can speak at it better than I can. NY gun laws are some of the toughest in the USA. It can take 6-12 months just to get a permit.

LOL

Nah man, I work for a company that develops software for the medical industry tied to "customer satisfaction".  It's nothing fun or exciting and most people will have never heard of the company.

Yes, the 1911 pistol.  I've owned a lot of pistols over the years, and shot a gambit of the ones on the market today, but the 1911 is the one for me.  No better handgun out there in my opinion.   Here's a picture of one of my babies.

IMAG0023.jpg

911 is a beauty, I personally prefer the simplicity of a glock, but you can't go wrong with the classic 911.

Hell yeah 911 is classic handgun.Who's makes it ? It looks similar the the Remington R1 with the beaver tail safety and adapter for the screw on can.Hard to beat a classic single stack all metal gun that's a 45,Ruger makes a sweet version also.

My favorite in 45 is the CZ 97 BD,double stack and fires so smooth.

That also goes for my 9mm CZ 75 variants,I love the early imports if you can find them,Canik shark F2 is really nice all metal frame just like the 911.And the way the slide and frame are cut,instead of the slide riding on the outside of the frame it rides on the inside of the frame.Which means less flex and better accuracy.They shoot so smooth compared to a Glock 17,since i have big hands I prefer the Glock 17 over 19 which is smaller.

And my second fav is the sig P226 as far as 9mm go.

But no collection of hand guns is complete without a 911 variant of some kind,nice looking set up.

I was trying to spare the political opinioning as well cranium.  I was very good friends with an elder brit on another forum who was VERY pro gun and was fighting the good fight to try and repeal some of the laws of the land over there, but it was the equivalent of rolling a small snowball through hell.

The only thing I have ever had against Glock - other than the grip, which still boggles my mind, is that Gaston never had the intention on selling his design to anyone other than the world's military arms.  When he couldn't make the sales needed, he lowered the bar to include LEO.  Once that hit the US, they pretty much HAD to include civilian sales, but not without a fight.  Their initial marketing plan did not include civilian sales, and that to me is inexcusable.

CZ is one of those companies that only continues to get better the longer they do it.  I have been really impressed with CZ, not just their offerings but their customer service, over the past 10 or so years.  Definitely a very good company to consider for any new purchases.

The model in the picture:

• Nighthawk AAC with their protective "proprietary" coating*.  *Note:  Not a fan, should have just went with Robar like I did on my other pistols.
  • The suppressor is the Osprey from SilencerCo and I love it.  
  • Trigger has been tuned for carry (#3.5 pull on a 5-pull average)
  • Recoil spring changed to their Everlast version rated for +P ammo
  • Thin grips of my own design
  • Cutout foam from Prokits
  • Carry case from Haliburton
  • Pocket Knife is from Mission Titanium (100% pure) and is as strong a blade as I have ever used.  Takes serious elbow grease to get an edge on, but it holds REALLY well.

Sweet set up Dillinger.I kept looking at the grips and couldn't figure out who the manufacture was and now I know why lol.Again sweet set up all the way around,very similar to mine aside from your custom touches.

And glad to hear your a fan of the CZ models.

Sweet set up Dillinger.I kept looking at the grips and couldn't figure out who the manufacture was and now I know why lol.Again sweet set up all the way around,very similar to mine aside from your custom touches.

And glad to hear your a fan of the CZ models.

Thanks Fuzzy.  I am a weapons guy.  Been one my whole life and actually spent a couple of years working as an apprentice, off and on between contracts, in a custom gun shop.  If we ever have a firearm's thread, you will see me in there all the time with photos and info....LOL

I don't remember the manufacturer of the grips.  They are G-10 and the (4) vertical grooves are on there as they come from the guy who makes them (smaller shop).  The inscription is all mine though, it says "Molon Labe".  I assume a guy like you knows the history behind that, given your firearms knowledge.  The guy just imported my text into his CNC program and banged out about 10 pairs.  Here's a closer image for the curious.

Early_GRP.jpg

CZ is one of those companies that didn't have much traction, being Eastern Bloc and all, but then they started to get a little grass roots support.  When they bought Dan Wesson, people LOST their minds, but then the quality actually got a bit better on Dan Wesson (my personal opinion) and then they started making rifles here in the states.  I forget the name of the guy, a big TV style hunter, used them on his show.  I think he was shooting a big safari classic in some earth moving, elephant stopper of a round at the time.  Used the rifle for a couple of weeks and the public interest in them EXPLODED!  We saw an increase in just general questions about them, probably, go up 5 fold in just a couple of weeks.  LOL

Good stuff man.  I could talk weapons all day, but I will end it here as this isn't really the forum for that. :D

Yeah this will be my last post in this thread as your correct,wrong forum but good conversation.

Yup Molen Labe "come and take it" So the story goes that's what King Leonidas said to the Persian Army at the Battle of Thermopylae when the spartans were told to lay down their arms and surrender over 2,500 years ago.

Nice talking iron with you   ;)

Good stuff Dillinger.  As a few have mentioned, UK gun law is a world away from what you're used to in the States.  No second amendment for us.  I also agree this isn't the place to be debating such things for obvious reasons.

Although, according to English Law, after midnight I am entitled to shoot a Welsh person with a Bow and Arrow inside the city walls of Chester.  Which imho, is an adequate replacement for the right to keep and bear arms :D

Archived