Xbox one failing dslreports buffer bloat test and Netduma Internet diagnostic trst

Okay anyone else seeing similar issues with these tests via Xbox one Using Edge?

Both of my xbox ones fail these tests before they would not.

Already swapped out the cables and i have isolated it to the xboxs.

I know there was an xbox1 update last week so not sure if that's the cause.

Tests pass using my PC.

Okay anyone else seeing similar issues with these tests via Xbox one Using Edge?

Both of my xbox ones fail these tests before they would not.

Already swapped out the cables and i have isolated it to the xboxs.

I know there was an xbox1 update last week so not sure if that's the cause.

Tests pass using my PC.

Console browsers can't handle the test. Uses too many resources and it's probably the most inaccurate way to do any sort of test.

Which test? Both? They handled the dslreports one fine before the update so i thought xbox may have changed something in the last update.

Which test? Both? They handled the dslreports one fine before the update so i thought xbox may have changed something in the last update.

My PS4 browser crashed every time testing dslreports. They are not meant to be more than very bare bones light weight browsers. No where near as technically advanced as Firefox or Chrome on a powerful PC

I've never had abny problems using the PS4 Browser to run DSLreports. But as Mod said, i do feel they give a false result. Because What matches the results on my pingtest on the computer and the netduma matches up, as opposed to the test ran on the Browser abd the ping results there. 

Example, I would have bufferbloat on the computer and none on the PS4 using DSLreports. 

I've never had abny problems using the PS4 Browser to run DSLreports. But as Mod said, i do feel they give a false result. Because What matches the results on my pingtest on the computer and the netduma matches up, as opposed to the test ran on the Browser abd the ping results there. 

Example, I would have bufferbloat on the computer and none on the PS4 using DSLreports. 

Only tried DSLReports once on my One and it said I had way less bufferbloat than it shows on my PC so I would say its not accurate.

Because DSLR sees that you're using a "light" browser and they tune back the settings so it doesn't completely crash. Try it on your phone with the full browser test, it will crash lol

Yeah I like to check my cabling on my XBox so I would use Edge via the Xbox one to test buffer bloat and quality.  I had no issue running these test before so I find it kind of odd now it will not even complete one test.  Even downloaded another browser through the xbox store and still no luck.  I don't recall running the internet diagnostic vie the duma gui before but that will not work either.  I connected my PC to my Xbox one cables and get normal results so I know there is no issue there and the problem is the XBox but weird it is failing now.

• Administrators

If it was working before and the only thing that has changed in that time is an Xbox update then I would point to the update stopping it working for some reason. Are you in the preview program? I was then everything stopped working.

I've used the PS4 browser to run the speed test from DSLreports and the ping graph is green, yellow and some orange designating the connection to the cities in the graph from good to bad connection. On a PC the flower is consistently green all the way around which led me to believe that the PS4 isn't as accurate as on a PC like MOD and the others have said.

It's really not, 70% will give you the best results on almost every connection

Used to for me. Now I get high spikes on download on 70% so after alot of testing, I get best results on 20%

70% upload is perfect for me though.

• Administrators

Used to for me. Now I get high spikes on download on 70% so after alot of testing, I get best results on 20%

70% upload is perfect for me though.

Bufferbloat occurs when your line is saturated. It won't get saturated at 70%

Bufferbloat occurs when your line is saturated. It won't get saturated at 70%

I'm on a jittery Virgin line remember though ;)

Duno why, but I get bloat on 70% now, never used to.

What modem?

'Super' Hub 2ac.

Something has changed on my connection somewhere. 70% I get bloat, PP showing packet loss from Virgin's servers too.

Been like it about a week.

Fingers crossed changing to BT Infinity in the next few weeks.

• 2 months later...

Old thread of mine but wanted to update it for the solution.  If you want to run buffer bloat test via the XB1 console using MS Edge and having issue.  You need to go in the settings for the speed test, then go to advanced settings and look for the the "upload method" box and change it to "web socket"  click save and now you can run buffer bloat speed test via your console!