Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Compatible/Incompatible Modems

compatible modem modem high ping lag jitter intel puma arris surfboard

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

I Am MoD BoX

I Am MoD BoX

Forum Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Local time: 01:42 PM

Do any of the compatible modems have a phone jack??? Also out of all the compatible modems which one do you recommend?

With phone - TM822G

Without phone - TC-7610

If you would like a faster reply, please quote me so I am notified.

MrWhooz

MrWhooz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
I thought arris modems were a big no no for they have a history of messing with the Duma? Sorry if I'm asking a lot of question I just noticed that I have one of the incompatible modems and it's causing a lot of issues.

I Am MoD BoX

I Am MoD BoX

Forum Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

I thought arris modems were a big no no for they have a history of messing with the Duma? Sorry if I'm asking a lot of question I just noticed that I have one of the incompatible modems and it's causing a lot of issues.

Yeah, but the older Arris devices which were made by Motorola worked fine. I've used the TM822G and it worked great until it broke. But good luck buying one new. They're almost impossible to find for a reasonable price.

A7Legit

A7Legit

#DatHitDetection

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Local time: 03:42 AM
  • LocationAustralia
What chipset do the TP-Link 7610 & 7610-E use?

I Am MoD BoX

I Am MoD BoX

Forum Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Broadcom, but I'm not sure the exact chip. I'd have to look it up again

StelioKontos13

StelioKontos13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Is the tc-7620 still good with netduma?

I Am MoD BoX

I Am MoD BoX

Forum Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Is the tc-7620 still good with netduma?

...No... The TC-7610 is compatible.

fuzzy clam

fuzzy clam

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationUS - Michigan

Intel Puma 6 but I'm sure that's not the info your looking for, but I just wanted to be part of the conversation... :D

frustrated I just got a new NETDUMA, and I can't connect, how do I get the password for the Wi-Fi

:P

Ruthless24

Ruthless24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Local time: 06:42 PM
Wish I've seen this sooner too, I had a non recommended ISP when I purchased the Duma so I purchased another ISP and it looks like it's also not recommended as well. What's the difference between the TP-Link 7610 & 7610-E, which one is better?

I Am MoD BoX

I Am MoD BoX

Forum Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Wish I've seen this sooner too, I had a non recommended ISP when I purchased the Duma so I purchased another ISP and it looks like it's also not recommended as well. What's the difference between the TP-Link 7610 & 7610-E, which one is better?

They are exactly the same, retailers change the packaging to make it "easy open" in a plain brown box rather than the printed retail box.

Zepsblackdog

Zepsblackdog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I too wish i had researched this earlier.  HOWEVER.. I bridged the Arris TG1682 and i'm getting great results so far with the R1.

I've had a few glitches, but resolved them. My ISP line is perfect, never a spike that I see.  Maybe I got lucky. Time will tell.

Maybe you should WARN users prior to purchase of this INCOMPATIBILITY list.  May save you guys some headaches in terms of diagnosing issues...

Oh, and I'm just ASSUMING the model I have is also close enough to the others that I would possibly have issues..

Bigfish247

Bigfish247

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 10:42 AM

...No... The TC-7610 is compatible.

I can confirm the 7610 made a very noticeable difference for my Duma vs the 7620, SB 6141, 6183.

Good job MoD BoX, your a very valuable source of information to these forums!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: compatible modem, modem, high ping, lag, jitter, intel puma, arris, surfboard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users