iAmMoDBoX

Wish I've seen this sooner too, I had a non recommended ISP when I purchased the Duma so I purchased another ISP and it looks like it's also not recommended as well. What's the difference between the TP-Link 7610 & 7610-E, which one is better?

They are exactly the same, retailers change the packaging to make it "easy open" in a plain brown box rather than the printed retail box.

I too wish i had researched this earlier.  HOWEVER.. I bridged the Arris TG1682 and i'm getting great results so far with the R1.

I've had a few glitches, but resolved them. My ISP line is perfect, never a spike that I see.  Maybe I got lucky. Time will tell.

Maybe you should WARN users prior to purchase of this INCOMPATIBILITY list.  May save you guys some headaches in terms of diagnosing issues...

Oh, and I'm just ASSUMING the model I have is also close enough to the others that I would possibly have issues..

So can I. Not being a smart A$$, Just giving my experiences to this so others can check it out. Not all ISPs may support TP-Link modems. <_< Should be other alternatives and a variety of modems for users to use with there ISPs. Good Luck.

http://badmodems.com...php?f=3&t=65000

So can I. Not being a smart A$$, Just giving my experiences to this so others can check it out. Not all ISPs may support TP-Link modems. <_< Should be other alternatives and a variety of modems for users to use with there ISPs. Good Luck.

Have you used any other modems to know that the SB6183 works fine? Because there's a handful of people who claimed the same thing until they used a modem that worked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No mentioning of this on the website itself.. The vibe i get from reading the FaQ is just "plug it in and you are good to go" basically.

https://netduma.com/support/faqs/will-this-work-with-cable-dsl-or-my-broadband/

https://netduma.com/support/faqs/will-this-work-with-my-isp-connection/

So how do i test all this? Just ping the netduma and look for lagspikes??.. 

Just bought and activated a TC-7610 ($40 on Amazon) from an SB6183 I've had for a year or so and WOW is there a world of difference. The main thing being the geo filter actually works. Before I would jump straight into CoD matches no problem and it would never properly filter, figured it was just hit and miss. I've owned the Duma since 09/2015 and today is the first time I've filtered hosts properly and actually waited for a good connection. Always had a good kd and have achieved dark matter/black sky the past 2 years. Thanks I Am MoD BoX!

THIS IS IN NO WAY A FULL LIST OF WORKING/NOT WORKING MODEMS.

AS A GENERAL RULE - STAY AWAY FROM ISP PROVIDED "ALL IN ONE" MODEM/ROUTER HUBS IF YOU CAN.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW MODEM AND WANT TO BE SURE IT WILL WORK PROPERLY ONLY PURCHASE FROM THE COMPATIBLE MODEM LIST.

NOT COMPATIBLE:

Arris/Motorola:

SB6121

SB6141

SB6183

SB6190

TG1672G

TM1602

TG2492LG - Virgin Media Super Hub 3

No Arris or Motorola modems work well with the Netduma. I'd advise against it.

AVM:

FRITZ!Box 6460

FRITZ!Box 6490

FRITZ!Box 6320

Cisco:

XG1-V3

DPC3848

DPC3848V

DPC3939

DPC3941B

DPC3941T

DPC3941 (commonly - Comcast Xfinity XB3)

Compal:

Super Hub 3  - virgin media

CH7465-LG Virgin Media Hub 3

CH7466

CH66xxx

Hitron:

CDA Series: CDA-32372 CDA-3-35

CDE Series: CDE-32372

CGN3 Series: CGN3, CGN3ACR,CGN3AMF, CGN3AMR, CGN3ACSMR

CGNM Series: CGNM-2250 CGNM-3552

CGNDM Series.

CGNV Series: CGNV4

Linksys:

CM3016

CM3024

CG7500

Netgear:

CG3300

CG4000

CG4500

CG4500TM

C6300

C6300BD (Telstra Gateway Max - Australia)

CM500

CM600

CM700

AC1750

AC1900 (R7000)

Pace:

C704

Panasonic:

C01AS03

Samsung:

Home Media Server

Horizon G5400

Horizon G7400

Bbox G7441

SMC:

D3G2408

D3G0804

D3GNV5

D3GN4

D3M1604

D3G1604

E3G1604

TP-Link:

CR7000

TC-7620

Technicolor:

TC8715D

Ubee:

EVW3226

Zoom:

COMPATIBLE:

Arris/Motorola:

TM722G

TM822G

TP-Link:

TC-7610

TC-7610-E

Zoom:

5341J

So Im picking up the TM822G from my IP. Its on the compatible list. However it is an AIO, but I will be setting it to bridge. I really do need a modem that has a phone jack and this does. So with that said, I should be fine right?

So Im picking up the TM822G from my IP. Its on the compatible list. However it is an AIO, but I will be setting it to bridge. I really do need a modem that has a phone jack and this does. So with that said, I should be fine right?

The TM822G is NOT an all in one modem/router. It has a single ethernet port and 2 phone jacks for line 1 and 2.

IMG_4216_a214c295-e49c-4bae-a412-098d572

So what exactly makes the router not compatible? What are we needing to make the modem work well with the netduma.

Has little to do with the router. These are just modems that suck for gaming. Playing on an Arris modem and then going to the TC-7610 is like a night and day difference.

The TM822G is NOT an all in one modem/router. It has a single ethernet port and 2 phone jacks for line 1 and 2.

IMG_4216_a214c295-e49c-4bae-a412-098d572

Unfortunately I wasted my time driving to comcast to pick up this modem. After confirming on the phone that they had it in stock, I came in disappointed to hear that they don't have that model. I was like are you effin kidding me? I was just on the phone with you sons of asshats and ya'll said you have it. Comcast sucks ball for real !!

Unfortunately I wasted my time driving to comcast to pick up this router. After confirming on the phone that they had it in stock, I came in disappointed to hear that they don't have that model. I was like are you effin kidding me? I was just on the phone with you sons of asshats and ya'll said you have it. Comcast sucks ball for real !!

Rent a modem from them for the phone service and then buy the TC-7610 for internet. That's what I currently do.